CC Ecosse ride October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Unfortunately I'll have to pass on this one too, Tracey's birthday and there are plans to go out with it being a Saturday so wouldn't have a hope of being back in time. Hope I can make the next one, have a great day and hope the weather is good for you all
biggrin.gif

keep
Laie_76A.gif

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi :smile:

I'm working out my trains for Saturday and I'm going to have to use a Virgin train so I need to book them in advance. What sort of time should I be looking at for a return journey?

Also does anyone know how easy it is to cycle between Central and Queen St in Glasgow?

I'll bring the CC jersey up with me on Saturday. If anyone would like to take it over then by all means, if not it can go for a trip down south with the FNRttC ride in November

Marcus :bicycle:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hi :smile:

I'm working out my trains for Saturday and I'm going to have to use a Virgin train so I need to book them in advance. What sort of time should I be looking at for a return journey?

Also does anyone know how easy it is to cycle between Central and Queen St in Glasgow?

I'll bring the CC jersey up with me on Saturday. If anyone would like to take it over then by all means, if not it can go for a trip down south with the FNRttC ride in November

Marcus :bicycle:

How about we meet up at 11 or there abouts?

Getting between Central and Queen St in Glasgow is dead easy and takes about ten minutes....

'Untypical' - there were no 'offs', no crashes, no M******m, no S****b, nor S***********e, .....
ohmy.gif

Glad you guys had a good ride! My availability is limited at the moment, so the next ride on the 23rd is out for me as well. :sad: Anyway I just bring incident and mayhem with me when I'm there! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Hello unfit fifer! Looking forward to seeing you on a CC Ecosse ride some time soon ...
I've only got one bike, a heavy hybrid. Apart from having to work a wee bit harder than on a featherlight "go faster" bike :tongue: , it's not been a problem. The Ecossers are a nice bunch, and the rides are as much about the social aspect as the cycling. So a hybrid is not an excuse :biggrin:.

T

ACS

Legendary Member
I'm up near St A's. I'm the one on the Tricross with a huge lantern rouge on the back. I make going slow in to beautiful art form and often found in local cake stops.

Catch up with you at some point.

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm up near St A's. I'm the one on the Tricross with a huge lantern rouge on the back. I make going slow in to beautiful art form and often found in local cake stops.

Catch up with you at some point.

:hello: SB - haven't seen you in ages (obviously I don't frequent the right cake stops :blush: ).
You said you MIGHT be able to make an October ride but wouldn't know until nearer the time ... any chance we'll see you this weekend?

T

ACS

Legendary Member
:hello: SB - haven't seen you in ages (obviously I don't frequent the right cake stops :blush: ).
You said you MIGHT be able to make an October ride but wouldn't know until nearer the time ... any chance we'll see you this weekend?

T

Its all the air I am sorry to say, still riding but all day outings are proving a little difficult to organise. Have some family commitments I have to help with so I can manage say a 3 hour blast loop from home, but adding 2 hours travelling and chatting time at each end would not gain me a lot a brownie points, and what do all cyclist need.............. ?

If we do the RV rides over the winter then I think you may see a bit more of me and I hope to around a bit more next year.
I have already negotiated time for the Hell Tour of Mid Lothian (Feb), Kinross Sportive (Apr) and the Snow Roads Audax in May so there is every chance you will see me hiding in the corner of some café in the Kinross area or out at the Milk Bar at Powmill (Cake heaven BTW).

Dropped into Heaven Scent in Milnathort a couple of week back and ordered a coffee and cake, the waitress asks "Do you want that now or are you waiting for someone," "Now will do fine," <grinning>"Still Billy no mates then?"</giggling> "Aye, that me". Think I may be spending to much time in this cafe. :biggrin:

sleekitcollie

sorry guys i was hoping to mabey make the ride on sat , but im in dubai at the moment ( enjoying sun , relaxation b4 i go back to work on monday ) , i have managed a cpl of small hour long rides around the streets nr my sisters house here on her mountain bike and its been so good to get back on the bike again ( but hard work in the heat , 39oC ish )
hope u have a great ride on sat and hope to catch up with u all soon

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
OK, we have :
- 1 in Hawaii [for the Ironman, though he kept it quiet]
rolleyes.gif

- 1 in Dubai for sun and relaxation
whistling.gif

- did I mention the 1 in Hawaii
thebiggrin.gif

I'm going to Loch Melfort to hide
surrender.gif
from the rain
rain.gif
for a couple of days, so should be available on Saturday ....

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Ecossers dropping like flies :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you can't make it :sad:

Time for a roll call perhaps, only 2 days to go :tongue:
(from the doodle poll & recent posts)

Mcshroom
Jimbhoy
Scoosh