CC Ecosse ride October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Telemark, I am still around, had a bit of a fall this week from the road bike, so a bit sore, but nothing broken, hope to see you all soon xx

Enjoy and stay safe out there xx

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Good news is my photoshoot has been cancelled. Bad news is that I cancelled it due to tweaking a muscle in my leg, so no cycling. Have a great ride today chaps and chapesses, it's not raining in Stirling at the moment so you might miss the bad weather. I'd dress for the worst though, and make sure you've got mudguards on!

primalgeek

Really enjoyed my first CC Ecosse ride. A good route and good chat! Looking forward to our next outing.

On a side note, my Garmin is now showing 1003 miles (and my wife bought me it as a pressie for reaching the 1000 mile mark)... so that's 2000miles cycled since May :wahhey:.

(wonder what I'm going to convince my wife to buy me for 2000 miles :whistle:)

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Really enjoyed my first CC Ecosse ride. A good route and good chat! Looking forward to our next outing.

On a side note, my Garmin is now showing 1003 miles (and my wife bought me it as a pressie for reaching the 1000 mile mark)... so that's 2000miles cycled since May :wahhey:.

Weather looked perfect today, glad you enjoyed your 1st run out and hope to meet you soon.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
DSCF0195a.JPG

There is snow on the hills, what a great day for a ride! It was fun!!

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Nice to meet you, PG! & hope to see you again soon for another CC Ecosse ride ... :hello:

Does she cycle, too? If yes, bring her along next time, if no, time for you to buy her a bike ;)

It was a nice leisurely ride, with even more :sun: than I had hoped for, but that northerly wind made itself felt when we turned into it. Great company and plenty of friendly chat, as always :smile: . The only incident was Jimbhoy breaking a spoke and having to depart early, to limp the bike home - hope the wheel didn't seize along the way, Jim!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi everyone and thanks for a great ride again. It had a bit of variety, with roads, canal paths and even a bit of rough stuff down a "private" road. The sun came out not long after the start and although the wind was a bit chilly we had some very good October riding weather. Where I firmly established my lantern rouge credentials on the hills :biggrin:

After trying out the variety that the tracks round Falkirk had to offer we ended up at the wheel, where there also seemed to be a charity cycle event on so lots of other cyclists around.

I got my reservation switched so I didn't have to wait until 6:15 to go home :smile: - I hope everyone else made it back ok (how did the wheel hold up Jimbhoy?)

I'd forgotten it was still cloudy at the start, it cleared up so quickly. Here's the picture at the start though: -

img002.jpg

MrRidley

Made it back ok, got the wheel fixed at big Al's at the Campsie's, only cost me a packet of biscuit's, well chuffed with that, nice to meet you all, oh
that road i looked at on the map was closed, had to go to B/Bridge after all, made my way back from there.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Who was the hard b*****d with shorts and T-shirt on!
ohmy.gif

Shame I missed the ride, it cleared up around 11 so you should've had a good one.

I'm also liking the way HJ's wheel is turned int he first pic to show off the bling-bling wheels and discs
thumbsup.png

(On another note, I just spelled 'bling' wrong, and it came up in my spell check, how bizarre!)

aberal

Guru
Yeah, nice ride again - was fun. Quiet back roads (mostly) with some terrific views of the snowy hills, a tootle along the canal path and some excellent lentil soup at the Wheel. And unexpectedly sunny after the rainy start to the day. See you next time.
thumbsup.png

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
ohmy.gif

Shame I missed the ride, it cleared up around 11 so you should've had a good one.

I'm also liking the way HJ's wheel is turned int he first pic to show off the bling-bling wheels and discs
thumbsup.png

(On another note, I just spelled 'bling' wrong, and it came up in my spell check, how bizarre!)

Na, it is to show off the fancy carbon bars and the Fizik bar tape....

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I got my reservation switched so I didn't have to wait until 6:15 to go home :smile: - I hope everyone else made it back ok (how did the wheel hold up Jimbhoy?)
phew! I felt a bit silly after you got off the train - we should have gotten off too and kept you company with another cup of tea if you had been stuck with the later train. Great to see you again, still amazed you came all the way from deepest Cumbria again to join us :thumbsup: .

Made it back ok, got the wheel fixed at big Al's at the Campsie's, only cost me a packet of biscuit's, well chuffed with that, nice to meet you all, oh
that road i looked at on the map was closed, had to go to B/Bridge after all, made my way back from there.

phew again. Glad the Bianchi is back on the road :biggrin: .

ohmy.gif

thumbsup.png

:biggrin: hehe ... I'll leave the hard b*****d to reveal his identity, my legs would have turned blue and fallen off :ohmy: .
Sorry you couldn't make it this time, at least the injury was a proper excuse, unlike the photoshoot :rolleyes:

Yeah, nice ride again - was fun. Quiet back roads (mostly) with some terrific views of the snowy hills, a tootle along the canal path and some excellent lentil soup at the Wheel. Any unexpectedly sunny after the rainy start to the day. See you next time.
thumbsup.png
:tongue: lovely lentil soup, tea & cake!

T

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 41

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Cool
cold.gif
ride out from Embra - arriving bang on time
dirol.gif
at the meeting point at the station.

Great ride - if a little delay-punctuated as we checked maps against GPS. Sun came out to highlight the snow
ohmy.gif
on the hills (which added 'background' to the pics
icon_wink.gif
).

Many thanks to Telemark for selecting the route; to mcshroom for coming from deepest Cumbria to ride with CC Ecosse (again
bravo.gif
); to primalgeek for coming for his first CC Ecosse ride and saying he'll be back
thumbsup.png
; and to all others for their company, chat and a certain one for his very bling bike
thebiggrin.gif
hyper.gif

Glad Jimbhoy made it back safely - a broken spoke is not a joke (
rofl.gif
).

For those who missed it, due to being in Dubai/Hawaii/injured - you were missed
cry.gif

primalgeek

Nice to meet you, PG! & hope to see you again soon for another CC Ecosse ride ... :hello:

Does she cycle, too? If yes, bring her along next time, if no, time for you to buy her a bike ;)

My better half doesn't cycle... yet :rolleyes:. She recently bought a bike but has only been out for a quick 10 min pootle round our estate.

ohmy.gif

Guilty as charged! The "slight bump" in the road coming out of the meet point was enough to make me warm and toasty for the rest of the ride.

P.S. Where do you get the cyclechat jerseys from (can't see any obvious links on the forum)? I won't consider myself an official member until I've got one!

Top Bottom