Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Ride (West) - Now 12th October

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Oops, cross-posting ... if I make the 9:37, we should be able to meet Pat & Jaz on the way. :thumbsup:
(have just had to look up where Ibrox is, I only know that people kick balls about (or watch others kick balls about) somewhere around a place of that name :whistle:)

T

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Speaking of waiting, where do we meet? GQS has many exits... :scratch:

We'll need to head out St Vincent St, and it's probably faster to walk down the west side of the square rather then ride all the way around, so let's meet at the NW corner of George Square, across from the main entrance to the station.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We'll need to head out St Vincent St, and it's probably faster to walk down the west side of the square rather then ride all the way around, so let's meet at the NW corner of George Square, across from the main entrance to the station.
Take the Broomilaw, nicer than St. Vincent Street, for Telemark's enjoyment of the riverfront.
Don't forget to point out the new Hydro :thumbsup:
I know that the riverside is flat as a pancake, while St. Vincent Street is uphill :whistle:

Enjoy the ride all... I've been a bit under the weather this week, combination of a cold and work-stress have kept me off the bike (not been on it much recently with one thing and another) :sad: May take a short spin out to my parents' house tomorrow just to blow off a few cobwebs...

Hopefully I'll make it along to the next one, when I'm feeling a bit more like myself ;)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Uh-oh. I was just prepping my bike for tomorrow. I gave it a clean, made sure all bolts were tight and then lubed up the chain. While doing this, I've found that the cranks don't spin freely. There's a definite 'stick' somewhere. I'm too tired to start messing with the bottom bracket now but I've got the tool so I'll see if I can fix it in the morning :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Enjoy the ride all... I've been a bit under the weather this week, combination of a cold and work-stress have kept me off the bike (not been on it much recently with one thing and another) :sad: May take a short spin out to my parents' house tomorrow just to blow off a few cobwebs...

Hopefully I'll make it along to the next one, when I'm feeling a bit more like myself ;)

:hugs:Hope you are feeling better soon, a quick spin normally helps with work stress :headshake:(it does for me anyway, my extended rural commutes keep me sane[ish :rolleyes: anyway])
Here's to next time!

Nearly off to the train ... see you soon!

Jaz - hope you get your bike sorted this morning - or else :ninja::laugh: ...

T

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'll be heading off in about 20 minutes ... Jaz better be there :ninja:
Have fun.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Sorry guys :sad: I took the bike to the LBS today and they've told me that the bottom bracket bearings are most likely done and that the whole BB will need to be replaced because it can't be serviced. I'm going to another shop tomorrow to get a second opinion.

Soooo.... How did the ride go then? Looks like a good day for it anyway ^_^ :bicycle:

Did @jazloc make it in the end? :whistle:

I set out towards my folks this morning and the gears were clunking badly on the T5. I lubed the chain to see if that would help, but they're still really bad and the chain felt pretty slack when I was cleaning off the excess with the rag. Everything was fine the last time I went out, so not too sure what the problem is tbh? I took the Single Speed to pop round to my folks and managed a decent-ish speed, though it can only get to about 42km/h before spinning out!

Edit: Just saw your post jaz, shame you couldn't make it.... Better luck next time!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Even though I was the slowest by far :biggrin: plus feeling a bit under the weather, had a great time: as usual the CC Ecosse took me places I never visited before at a pace I would never consider was I riding alone :laugh:
Many thanks @Rasmus for hosting the ride instead of the great absentee, and of course :thanks:@Telemark for the exceedingly good home baking. Don't even feel like dinner now :wacko:
Full ride report following shortly :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Glad that everyone who attented had a good time. I'm genuinely sorry that I missed this one, I'll make sure that my bike is working before the night before the ride :biggrin:

Top Bottom