Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My legs feel like we cycled up Everest. Great day out - I will upload my pics once I figure out how to get them off my phone - that little clipless moment has stuffed my screen, shame I never captured Jazloc's stunt riding on the cyclepath :becool:

Great meeting you guys.

Stu

D

Deleted member 20519

Really good route (albeit, quite hilly), decent weather and a good cake stop (£4 for a brownie and a can of coke :eek:). I think the ride took longer than we'd expected, I arrived back at my house just before 5pm. My legs feel like jelly but I'm fairly confident that everyone had a good time today. I reckon this is the last CC Ecosse ride of 2012, and what a good one it was!

Seamab

Really good route (albeit, quite hilly), decent weather and a good cake stop (£4 for a brownie and a can of coke :eek:). I think the ride took longer than we'd expected, I arrived back at my house just before 5pm. My legs feel like jelly but I'm fairly confident that everyone had a good time today. I reckon this is the last CC Ecosse ride of 2012, and what a good one it was!

Well it wasn't just any coke and brownie it was a Lochwinnoch Coke and brownie!

My cranberry and oat crumble cake was truly excellent.

I just got back into the city centre bang on time to meet the family and get a lift home for my favourite recovery food - pizza and chips plus some vino. Forget those protein shakes...

Great to meet the new faces. Sorry about the hills. I'm sure Rasmus must have put in some extra during the night!

Glad GBC's tyre held out (not as glad as he is no doubt!) After the cake stop we noticed 3 bulges in his back tyre which blew up just as a lovely young lady cyclist shot past us on the cycle path (and Jaz started sprinting like Cav! I'm sure it was all just coincidence!) GBC limped home with a bit of inner tube visible through a patch of bare tyre

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You mean no one had a tyre boot to plug the hole ?? :huh: Big patches on the inside of the tyre or even a plastic bag, can act as a get-you-home measure for a split tyre.

Anyway :bravo:to all for getting the ride :bicycle: organised and done and glad the weather was good for you :wahhey:.

Stevie Mcluskey

Über Member
Sounds like a good day. Will need to try and get myself fit enough for something in the new year. All of my commuting and odd weekend runs are done on my own. Be nice to go out with a group and like the idea of nobody getting left behind :thumbsup:.
How many did you end up with going out ?

Fubar

Guru
Sounds like a good day. Will need to try and get myself fit enough for something in the new year. All of my commuting and odd weekend runs are done on my own. Be nice to go out with a group and like the idea of nobody getting left behind :thumbsup:.
How many did you end up with going out ?

There was 8 of us in the end, a healthy amount and probably a good number for cycling in a group. It was a good day and the weather was kind to us, the route is here if interested. It's not a lie, NO ONE gets left behind! (though we did have to go back for George after his puncture).

Good to meet everyone and despite a few dramas we all made it back in one piece! and George was responsible for the funniest thing I've heard for a long time - thanks George! Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Yes, an excellent day out yesterday, in spite of the slightly expensive (although excellent) cake:hungry: . Good to see some new faces - hopefully you were not scared off too much by the slight inclines^_^.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Only snapped a single "group shot" myself.
20121020133252.jpg

From front Col, Rasmus, Gazmob, Fubar, Seamab, Jazloc, GBC, StuChalmers.

Col5632

Guru
There was 8 of us in the end, a healthy amount and probably a good number for cycling in a group. It was a good day and the weather was kind to us, the route is here if interested. It's not a lie, NO ONE gets left behind! (though we did have to go back for George after his puncture).

Good to meet everyone and despite a few dramas we all made it back in one piece! and George was responsible for the funniest thing I've heard for a long time - thanks George! Regards, Mark

I missed the start of what he said :shy:

zizou

Veteran
Good to see you all enjoyed the ride.

The climb before Kilmacolm is a tough one - It looks short enough to be attacked, but it always goes on just a bit too long for that....i dont ride it that often so i usually forget about it and make the same mistake every time :biggrin:

Top Bottom