Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round The Forth Ride - Sat 15th Sept

Are you coming

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Is this round the Forth route all on decent roads? The reason I'm asking is if I come along on my 'best' bike I would prefer not to to be bumping up and down pavements etc.

I recall the grass part at Hopetoun on the route we did last year, think I unclipped and took it slowly - also there are cobbles on a downhill going into Limekilns and then a "rough" track at the East end of Limekilns following the NCN. Ok on my Triban but maybe not on a "best bike".

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I recall the grass part at Hopetoun on the route we did last year, think I unclipped and took it slowly - also there are cobbles on a downhill going into Limekilns and then a "rough" track at the East end of Limekilns following the NCN. Ok on my Triban but maybe not on a "best bike".

Hopefully somebody with better knowledge of the route comes along :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

Will book the train soon, what stations does it go to to get from Glasgow to there?

D

Deleted member 20519

Thanks guys, how far is it from Inverkeithing station to the meeting point?

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
My bike is going in for a service on wednseday and i think it will be in for as while, i have a crunching/clicking noise coming from the front crank, it`s happens every roation of the pedals and it when i put weight on the pedals.....i also got a puncture at the weekend and when i was fixing it i noticed that my rear tyre was chewed up so i get a new tyre on wednesday i just hope i get my bike back so i can change it......but hey don`t worry peeps, if it all falls through i have the old trusted mountain bike...i am actually hoping to get out on the mountain bike tomorrow night

Andy Richards

I have intended to tag along on one of these rides but work always gets in the way. I may take a day off if the weather looks nice .
There are lots of alternatives to the rougher parts of the route on both sides of the river although I dont know about using the best bike in the rain if sticking to the official round the fourth route.

Are you going clockwise or anti clockwise ?

Andy.

Fubar

Guru
I have intended to tag along on one of these rides but work always gets in the way. I may take a day off if the weather looks nice .
There are lots of alternatives to the rougher parts of the route on both sides of the river although I dont know about using the best bike in the rain if sticking to the official round the fourth route.

Are you going clockwise or anti clockwise ?

Andy.

Clockwise, I think! Heading West on the south side of the Forth, then East on the North. Look forward to seeing you there. Regards, Mark

Andy Richards

Sounds good.. I will check the weather closer to the time . Dont want to take a day off to splash about in the rain... I may ride over to the start but dont know if Ive got the legs.

Andy

D

Deleted member 20519

Sounds good Colin. Just to check, when you say 'Mostly flat' does that mean the same as last months 'Not too hilly' ride? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom