Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round The Forth Ride - Sat 15th Sept

Are you coming

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Yip i`ve just been reading about the headset....will have to do a it more reading before i grease that, am not to sure how to do that

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I'm getting a loud clank metal on metal sound, will check my pedals. I can also hear a sloshing of water in my rear wheel. :cursing:

I was adamant that the clicking/crunching i could hear was the front crank or the front gears....i took it in to dales cycle, they gave it a full service and re-built the front crank...first ride and that noise is still there....so i thought it has to be the pedals, so i`ve taken the pedasl off put a wee drop oil on them, re-fittd them had a wee ride up and down the street and would you believe it the noise is gone...

D

Deleted member 20519

Nope, it's when the wheel spins I can hear a 'grinding' noise and then a sloshing of water. Thinking that water might have gotten into the hub and dried the grease out.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Nope, it's when the wheel spins I can hear a 'grinding' noise and then a sloshing of water. Thinking that water might have gotten into the hub and dried the grease out.

Not had a great deal of luck with your new bike, heres hoping your luck changes soon :bicycle:

D

Deleted member 20519

Just unlucky i guess

Thanks, chuffed with the miles ive put in this year, over double (well almost) what i done last year :eek:

Good job! I will see you at the CC ride next Saturday (if I'm correct)?

D

Deleted member 20519

What the heck am I talking about? Didn't realise we're actually in the CC ride thread! :crazy:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Less than a week to go now :hyper:

I'm going to PM everybody who said Yes, Maybe and who has posted but not voted my mobile number and that way if there is a problem on the day or you change your mind and can no longer make it etc then atleast we know you aint coming and saves waiting for people who are not coming and vice versa if you are running late then we can wait around until you get there.

Hoping for great weather and a great turnout on the day, i'm not entirely sure of road and direction so i'll leave that up to the people who turnup and what they think is best ^_^

Really looking forward to the ride

Col

EDIT :

Here is the list how it stands at the moment

Attending
Col5632
Tug Benson
Jazloc
Fubar (More than Likely)

Maybe
Arranandy
TechMech
Telemark
Andy Richards
Scotmitchy
Dhd.Evans
Pedrosanchezo
Scoosh
MrGrumpy
HonestMan1910

Not Attending
MissyR
Touche
ACS
Rasmus
Get In The Van
Normskirys
Swl

Fubar

Guru
Just PM'd you - barring disasters I intend to be there, though if it's just Jamie, Col, Jazloc and me I might be getting an ambulance home! What about Mr Scoosh?!?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I might end up getting some spare time on Saturday after all. Not enough to do the full route, but I might ride up to meet you somewhere in the vicinity of Grangemouth, and maybe join your for some cake at Culross if that is still on the schedule.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Mr Scoosh is a Maybe - mainly dependent on Mrs Scoosh - she of the broken humerus. :cry:

Give a Facebook nudge [:boxing:] to HonestMan and Sleekitcollie too - their navigation would be handy and Sleekit's stories of driving the Olympic flame around the country should be good ! :biggrin:

Top Bottom