Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round The Forth Ride - Sat 15th Sept

Are you coming

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Sounds good Colin. Just to check, when you say 'Mostly flat' does that mean the same as last months 'Not too hilly' ride? :rolleyes:

the toughest bit will be going over the forth road bridge, head wind slows you right down

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Will book the train soon, what stations does it go to to get from Glasgow to there?
The nearest stations are, indeed, Dalmeny and Inverkeithing. HOWEVER ... to get to either, you will almost certainly have to go in to Edinburgh, change trains and go out to Dalmeny/ InverK.

This not only takes time (= leaving Glasgow earlier etc) but will probably cost more £ :eek:.

My suggestion is to take the train to Linlithgow and have a gentle flat 16km ride on the B9080 to Kirkliston, turn left (B800) et voila 5 mins to south side of FRB.

Alternatively, train to Liligow, take the A803 to Champney Inn junction with A904 and they/we'll meet you there ! If you get there early, go right along the A904 until you meet the peloton ! :bicycle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
, i have a crunching/clicking noise coming from the front crank, it`s happens every roation of the pedals and it when i put weight on the pedals....
Could just be you need some grease on the pedal-to-crank thread.

Had similar myself ... :whistle: - and I was very glad that was all it was. ^_^

tug benson

Had the bike in at dales cycles in glasgow, get it back tomorrow, hoping the clicking/crunching has all been cleared up, they said they`ve re-built the front crank...All i need to do is change the back tyre and am ready for this little run next weekend...got the puncture on saturday and i was planning on heading over from alloa to edinburgh, go around arthurs seat, have breakfast then head hom via west lothian, i feel i have un-finished business with that little run so i might do it this weekend, might miss out arthurs seat with the sky ride being there, or i may even head over to the sky ride, just to see what it`s like..

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Had the bike in at dales cycles in glasgow, get it back tomorrow, hoping the clicking/crunching has all been cleared up, they said they`ve re-built the front crank...All i need to do is change the back tyre and am ready for this little run next weekend...got the puncture on saturday and i was planning on heading over from alloa to edinburgh, go around arthurs seat, have breakfast then head hom via west lothian, i feel i have un-finished business with that little run so i might do it this weekend, might miss out arthurs seat with the sky ride being there, or i may even head over to the sky ride, just to see what it`s like..

Give a shout if you are heading towards sky ride as im planning on taking part in it :thumbsup:

tug benson

What time do you plan on heading over at? I could meet you in Dunfermline and cycle over together

tug benson

Most likely leaving at 9am, that any good to you?

Aye am happy with that time, where's best to meet you, Dunfermline or the forth road bridge or somewhere thats easier for you

Booyaa

Veteran
Sounds good this chaps, used to do the route from Polmont, over to the Forth Road Bridge and then Kincardine and back to Polmont. This is going to be far too early for me I'm afraid. Enjoy.

tug benson

Could just be you need some grease on the pedal-to-crank thread.

Had similar myself ... :whistle: - and I was very glad that was all it was. ^_^

:blush:

well funny you say that, just got the bike back yesterday, i changed the rear ture last night , home from work earlier and thought am going to take the bike out to see if it`s running better.....first pedal the same noise is there, dales cycles re-built the front crank so it can`t be that, i have a wee noise on the internet to see if it`s my pedal that make that noise, well guess what, it`s the bloody pedasl, i need to grease the threads on the pedal, , i`ve put some oil on the threads just now, am i better putting grease on it?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'd say yes.

Remove the pedals (remember the LH pedal is a LH thread - I read recently that the way to remember it is to put wrench on and "turn to the back to back off"); grease the threads, then replace - no need to do up too tight. :thumbsup:

Mind your hands on the cassette too ... :cursing:

D

Deleted member 20519

:blush:

well funny you say that, just got the bike back yesterday, i changed the rear ture last night , home from work earlier and thought am going to take the bike out to see if it`s running better.....first pedal the same noise is there, dales cycles re-built the front crank so it can`t be that, i have a wee noise on the internet to see if it`s my pedal that make that noise, well guess what, it`s the bloody pedasl, i need to grease the threads on the pedal, , i`ve put some oil on the threads just now, am i better putting grease on it?

I'm getting a loud clank metal on metal sound, will check my pedals. I can also hear a sloshing of water in my rear wheel. :cursing:

Top Bottom