Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round the Forth - Sat 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ouch ! @heather68 - that does not sound good :sad:

I couldn't make it as I had to assist Scoosh jnr to return guitar and bass cabs to the hire place - and I've had a pulled muscle in my thigh which has been resistant to get itself sorted :angry:.

Not been on a bike for a week ... :cry:

Looks a great, if chilly, day for the ride. The
t110001.gif
will keep them honest ... :biggrin:

Louch will still complain about it though .. :giggle:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Rides going well so far. That's us at Culross for cake( with pronunciation lessons given for the non locals). Winds been not too bad, tailwind will take most home at speed,while I cycle back home into it from here :sad:

Seamab

Everyone will be "Coo Ross" ing then. Funny these local pronunciation things - there's a district (parish technically) in Orkney called Holm but pronounced "Ham".

edindave

Über Member
Everyone will be "Coo Ross" ing then. Funny these local pronunciation things - there's a district (parish technically) in Orkney called Holm but pronounced "Ham".

I think I once pronounced the word ducking wrong when they said £7 for soup and a coffee in the cafe in Culross. As in... you're ducking joking me! It was about 11am on a Tues morning in February or something like that. I was the only soul in the cafe, but I couldn't bring my bike into their courtyard where I could see it, in case it got too busy. :laugh::rolleyes: I don't know why I keep going back there :mrpig: :hungry:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
dont get us started on our service today, I almost donned an apron to do their job for them. in fairness they did offer to refund items due to our wait, but even then I had to get that corrected too.

if its not the red lion for steak pie and a pint next time, im out :becool:

re the ride, had a really fun day out, first CCE ride on roads I knew 90% off, so no surprises or wow moments, and I am feeling the effect of the wind on already very tired legs. But I have only gotten to the point where I complete 622 miles in a month, ride 72 miles in a day with no doubt I can do it, and riding 270 miles since last Saturday through the help & support of everyone on here, so I wouldnt have wanted to ride anywhere else today.

Thanks for not telling the moaning guy out of his Depth back at Loch Leven he wasnt welcome back :smile: that 75 mile day took me to my limit, but gave me the motivation that keeps me on the bike,keeps me irritating 90% of facebook with cycling posts and let me meet a great bunch of positive people I happily call friends.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
dont get us started on our service today, I almost donned an apron to do their job for them. in fairness they did offer to refund items due to our wait, but even then I had to get that corrected too.

if its not the red lion for steak pie and a pint next time, im out :becool:

re the ride, had a really fun day out, first CCE ride on roads I knew 90% off, so no surprises or wow moments, and I am feeling the effect of the wind on already very tired legs. But I have only gotten to the point where I complete 622 miles in a month, ride 72 miles in a day with no doubt I can do it, and riding 270 miles since last Saturday through the help & support of everyone on here, so I wouldnt have wanted to ride anywhere else today.

Thanks for not telling the moaning guy out of his Depth back at Loch Leven he wasnt welcome back :smile: that 75 mile day took me to my limit, but gave me the motivation that keeps me on the bike,keeps me irritating 90% of facebook with cycling posts and let me meet a great bunch of positive people I happily call friends.

Brought a tear to my eye that did :hugs: great effort on the mileage, I'm happy with my 540 miles completed, i blame SHMBO for not working more this month :laugh:

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
THE TON IS DONE!!!! :wahhey: 100.10 miles

Thank you to all today for helping me through half of it, especially Mark and Steve for the advice.
I Had another great day and it was good to see every one and meet some new faces as well, cant wait for Arran only two weeks to go :hyper:

Fubar

Guru
THE TON IS DONE!!!! :wahhey: 100.10 miles

Thank you to all today for helping me through half of it, especially Mark and Steve for the advice.
I Had another great day and it was good to see every one and meet some new faces as well, cant wait for Arran only two weeks to go :hyper:

Well done fella! No problem to a man of your caliber.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Thanks for a good day out and for waiting on Suzanne. I need to get her out for some speed training. Slow up the hills (need to get her out of the saddle more) breaking constantly going downhill and not using all the gears when on the flat. To be fair I think the wind did her in on the outward journey. She did find it hard going but said that she had enjoyed the day. I might think about doing the Arran ride so might catch up with you all then. Time for a well earned beer!

Fubar

Guru
Thanks for a good day out and for waiting on Suzanne. I need to get her out for some speed training. Slow up the hills (need to get her out of the saddle more) breaking constantly going downhill and not using all the gears when on the flat. To be fair I think the wind did her in on the outward journey. She did find it hard going but said that she had enjoyed the day. I might think about doing the Arran ride so might catch up with you all then. Time for a well earned beer!

Suzanne did really well considering the energy-sapping wind heading west, glad she still enjoyed it.

Top Bottom