Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round the Forth - Sat 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
It's a mix of being too close to home, too much cycle path, and the quality of the cycle path. If we do that sportive week before should be fine miles wise. Just lacking enthusiasm sorry

Minimal cycle path, maximum road my lad. I agree it's not the most inspiring ride, though we need to take account of the others that have now signed up for it.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Minimal cycle path, maximum road my lad. I agree it's not the most inspiring ride, though we need to take account of the others that have now signed up for it.

I think its a true beginners* ride with a great cake stop and after a few "complaints" of the perth ride not being as "described" then this for me is a perfect ride ;)

*A beginner who can ride more than 40 miles at a gentle pace without passing out

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Thanks for the info but having never cycled across the bridge before this looks like a good oppertunity to go for it. Not sure how the wife will feel about it though.:ohmy:

Just tell her you are going to meet a bunch of strangers in lycra on bikes and she will just give you a look of :ohmy: and say no more :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm a maybe. I haven't attended any CC rides recently due to a variety of problems :sad: Here's hoping that this one is different!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Get involved jaz!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Terrain - As far as i remember there was no real hills on this route and was pretty flat
Please remember that all future CC Ecosse rides start by being classified as:
"Terrain: mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills"

This is able to be amended.
eg: yesterday's 3 Ferries ride:
Terrain: some flat, loads of lumps, 1 b***** ginormous hill in the middle. All hills may be walked :blush:.

Fubar

Guru
Just a reminder that if starting at Inverkeithing/South Queensferry the cafe stop at Culross comes quite a way into this ride (approx 3/4) so if anyone is not used to doing roughly 35-40 miles without stopping bring some jelly babies, or buy some at the garage!

@Col5632 are you comfortable with the route through Dalmeny Estate? We have done a couple of different routes in the past, if need be we could analyse the last route we did, which I think was better.

Top Bottom