Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse Round the Forth - Sat 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Just noticed my average speed from that ride :ohmy: I'd be gutted if that's what I was doing these days! Must've been someone holding us up that day, @Col5632 ?!?!? ;)

Who? :scratch:

GBC

Veteran
I'm going to have to withdraw my 'maybe' unfortunately, as the function we're going to is a 6 o'clock start. Maybe next time:smile:

Here is a link to my record of the last ride, you should be able to export it from there?!?
You stayed on the Gragemouth/ Bo Ness Roads not the best; as I was saying af few pages back you'd be better to cut right up passed the Dry Ski Slope (if its anti Clockwise, left before it if clockwise) for a more pleasant ride with better views.

I see you also went along the A985 to Dunfermline, it'd been more pleasant if you went the reverse of the the bun run for a clockwise route through Torryburn, Cairneyhill and Crossford.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
You fancy describing the gradient of the ski slope road for those who are not familiar with it :tongue:

edindave

Über Member
The road road is short and sharp then you are parallel to the main road on a quieter road with better views halfway along it theres a sharp dip to a sharp up but its no problem becuase of the dip. If you check out my previous link you'll see the route/ profile.

parallel to the main road on a quieter road with better views
too right - panoramic views of the Forth!

8689446388_78e149448c.jpg

8701311397_760806b6f8.jpg

theres a sharp dip to a sharp up - yep it's sharp!

8689445362_1d9c392625.jpg

Seamab

Nice wee road that one. I remember a previous CC Ecosse ride some years back with Scoosh and some others when i was on fixed and had to come back down the hill (can't remember why now - probably someone had a mechanical as is normal on CC rides) then go back up it without a runny, which was quite hard. That day we followed the cycle path through Grangemouth which was very slow and not recommended.

Top Bottom