Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whippet 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whippet 3

• All of the above

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Blonde said:
Whippet 2 and/or 3 but only if women specific (fed up of shite fitting men's jerseys that make you look either pregnant or humpbacked depending on where you shove the massive amount of excess material around the middle) and it's got to have a full length zip.

I too am fed up of mens jerseys that make you look either pregnant or humpbacked depending on where you shove the massive amount of excess material around the middle.

Chris James

Über Member
Maybe I AM pregnant or humpbacked as I can't recall a massive amount of excess material around my middle?

Presumably this is one of the advantages of drinking beer?

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Sorry I haven't posted to keep you all up to date recently. There have been two reason for this:
1) some companies were slow coming back to me, but they all have now
2) I am just about to move house and have a few other things on my mind.

I now have quotes from a number of companies and am trying to decide between endura.co.uk which offer really good quality stuff suitable for UK conditions

and

Fernando Carvalho Custom Cycling Clothing which are the cheapest and provide lighter stuff for a lot of European pro teams.

Personally I would tend towards Endura.

As there are clearly two front runners on the design front, I plan to give people the choice of either whippet1 or whippet2, as to the type of the jersey there will be a choice between short and long sleeved, with either long or short zips. As to cut and sizing available, there will be a choice of mens and ladies cuts, the standard sizes are xs to xxl, larger sizes will be available at a surcharge (20% Endura or 30% Fernando Carvalho).

As this will be a first order there will be a one off charge of the design, so the final price of the jerseys will depend on how many people order (the more the cheaper). Both companies require a 50% deposit with the order, so I will need to take a deposit with the order (when I start taking orders) and it takes about 4 weeks for the jerseys to be made up.

Any other questions?

Sorry for being so slow.

Arch

Married to Night Train
wow, thanks for all that Hairy...

I'd say go with Endura, I've had their jackets and liked them...

I'd be up for a jersey, long or short sleeved depending on cost, and having the options of ladies fit is great.

Just let us know when you are ready to start seriously taking orders. Perhaps, admin, when this happens it could be made an announcement in each section of the board, to get maximum coverage for Hairy's trouble?

Tetedelacourse

Arch said:
wow, thanks for all that Hairy...

I'd say go with Endura, I've had their jackets and liked them...

I'd be up for a jersey, long or short sleeved depending on cost, and having the options of ladies fit is great.

Just let us know when you are ready to start seriously taking orders. Perhaps, admin, when this happens it could be made an announcement in each section of the board, to get maximum coverage for Hairy's trouble?[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a tabloid exclusive.:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Am I right in thinking there will just be a space where "whippet" is written? I've lost track of whether that's a user from here or part of the design.

Will1985

Über Member
Having graduated but nobody wants to employ me :biggrin: and therefore have lots of time, I've offered to help HJ and suggested Paypal as an easy way to pool the money.

I've made up a demo order chart based on Endura to record order quantities, sizes and discount. FC isn't that different, then I'll do something Databasey for Names and Addresses* just to get some software application practise in xx( - you never know when these skills may come in handy on a CV when applying for jobs!

* There will probably have to be a small surcharge for postage on to forummers too won't there?

Will1985

Über Member
Would it be too difficult for you to give a cost estimate of, say, 10 shirts and 50 shirts?

The minimum order is 15 jerseys with Endura without incurring a surcharge, which works out at a total of £634.50 for the set up and 15 short sleeved shirts with short zips. That would make each cost £42.30

However, with 50 jerseys, it is £1755.45, making £35.11 each.
Any more jerseys than that, and the price will drop by a couple of pence.

Of course, that is the cheapest option - longer zips or long sleeves push up the total price.

Will1985

Über Member
15 Carvalho Jerseys - approx £33.50 each
50 Carvalho Jerseys - approx £24.80 each

It would vary a tiny bit here because of the €1 delivery charge

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Will1985 said:
Having graduated but nobody wants to employ me :biggrin: and therefore have lots of time, I've offered to help HJ and suggested Paypal as an easy way to pool the money.

I've made up a demo order chart based on Endura to record order quantities, sizes and discount. FC isn't that different, then I'll do something Databasey for Names and Addresses* just to get some software application practise in xx( - you never know when these skills may come in handy on a CV when applying for jobs!

* There will probably have to be a small surcharge for postage on to forummers too won't there?

Will1985 can you send me an e-mail to the address in the PM I sent you, then i can bring you up to speed on all the stuff I have so far.

Will1985 said:
15 Carvalho Jerseys - approx £33.50 each
50 Carvalho Jerseys - approx £24.80 each It would vary a tiny bit here because of the €1 delivery charge

The €1 delivery charge will be per jersey to deliver to whoever make the big order, there will be an addition cost to send them out to the individual buyers.
It should also be noted that Carvalho's pricing is in Euro so the end price may change due to currency fluctuations (not that I foresee the £ crashing against the Euro).

Shaun has just offered to put out an announcement asking people to say if they are defiantly interested in ordering, this will help us gauge numbers more accurately and so give a better indication of price.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Tetedelacourse said:
Am I right in thinking there will just be a space where "whippet" is written? I've lost track of whether that's a user from here or part of the design.

There should be just be a space where "whippet" is written, unless you want to add you own name (which would be £5 extra).

Whippet is a user from here, who came up with the design and added his own name as an example.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Latest offer from Carvalho

Given that you are a message board, we will agree to halve the design fee if you agree to carry our name on the jersey (FERNANDO CARVALHO CICLISMO), rather than just the standing branding in small letters that we normally carry on the right breast.

Finally please note that we run a 4 week lead time on the orders, from when the design is approved.

Top Bottom