Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whippet 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whippet 3

• All of the above

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
Oh yeah, one minor point.

You had Sizes L 36-39 XL -39-41 XXL -42-44

But these are the waist sizes, not chest sizes.

The chest sizes from the catalogue are S 36-38 M 39-41 L 42-44 XL 45-47 XXL 48-50

I know BTFB was worried whether the sizes went bigger enough but he really must be a big tall fat bloke is he can't gte into a 50 inch chest shirt!

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Chris James said:
Oh yeah, one minor point.

You had Sizes L 36-39 XL -39-41 XXL -42-44

But these are the waist sizes, not chest sizes.

The chest sizes from the catalogue are S 36-38 M 39-41 L 42-44 XL 45-47 XXL 48-50

I know BTFB was worried whether the sizes went bigger enough but he really must be a big tall fat bloke is he can't gte into a 50 inch chest shirt!

Ops:blush: Thanks for pointing that up.

Bokonon said:
I'd be interested, I did suggest it in one of the discussion threads but got no response. However, I got the impression that a lot of people were voting whippet 2 so that the jersey would go with black shorts.

Sorry must have missed that earlier, if there is enough interest we could order shorts as well and just used the sleeve design on the side panel of the shorts. It would have to be shorts plus jersey, not just shorts alone. We could order accessories at the same time so long as it wouldn't mean making any extra changes to the design, ie using the sleeve design on the side panel of the shorts or the arm warmers and the leg warmers. This would add value to the order and help get a higher discount band.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Will1985 has just pointed out to me that we could only make shorts and accessories available if we where to order from Endure. Carvalho have a surcharge if there is less that 10 of any item ordered, this would made working out the order to complicated.

So if you want to have the option of shorts and accessories, you will need to vote for Endure.

Chris James

Über Member
What about those of us who voted for Carvalho but are now coming round to the idea of Endura?

Mm, yes I was wonderng the same thing!

But I think this is all running the risk of getting too complicated. From what I can gather if you just want a s/s shirt then FC are probably cheapest, but if some people want l/s and / or accessories then Endura looks the one to go with.

And of course the prices will vary accordingly. But this is impossible to fit on one poll. I suppose it would be interesting to see how many are interested in anything other than a s/s shirt. But ultimately we just need to make a decision and get some ordered. I am sure they will look nice whichever route we go down.

Will1985

Über Member
Right - could anybody who wants something please PM/Email me with a PROVISIONAL idea of what they want ie: Short/Long sleeve, Short/Long Zip. For the moment at least, I'll take arm warmers and shorts but we cannot guarantee this. If you think you'll need an XXXL+ size which has a surcharge I'll want to know that too.

With this information I should be able to give better comparisons of price between the 2 companies.

I have a list of the 31 people who have said for definite that they are interested, so there are still 8 lurkers who voted.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Thanks for taking this on Will, your doing a great job. I would like an Endura short Sleeve/Zip.

Ops:blush: this should have been in a PM, rather than in the public forum, but then I am not shy.

Will1985

Über Member
Can anyone else give some indication of requirements? (S/S or L/S, zip length and size; optionally bibs and armwarmers)

I only have 18 responses which isn't enough to give a true picture of cost, but I think we could be looking at circa £17 Carvalho or £32 Endura for each jersey, but then there is a surcharge of the design fee which will be spread out evenly.

postman

Legendary Member
Will i sent a pm.On saturday i am going to ask three of my mates if they want to order as well.Keep up the good work.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
If I had realised how complicated this was going to be I would never have suggested it, but I am sure it will all be worth it when the jerseys arrive.
You're doing a cracking job HJ, and Will and I'm up for a whippet 2

Will1985

Über Member
***UPDATE***

With the 39 replies I have had so far, it makes £36 for an Endura top and £28 for a Carvalho....due to the surcharge calculations, 1 more Long Sleeve Long Zip will reduce the price to £27!

Of all the people who contributed to the thread, I haven't received any form of reply from:
glen
yellow v2
Maggot
itisaboutthebike
melvil
clefty
Hugh Jampton
Whippet
Andy in Sig
Big Bren (I haven't PMed you about it yet as you only posted this morning)

Top Bottom