Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whippet 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whippet 3

• All of the above

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Pants - I clicked on 'Whippet 3' when I actually meant to click on 'Whippet 2' - I think the black goes better than the blue!

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
As designs Whip1 & 2 are neck and neck, I have asked the companies to quote for doing both of those designs, so that people can have a choice. I have based the estimated prices on their replies for short sleeved jerseys.

The options should be:

Long or short sleeve
Short or long zip
Whip 1 or whip 2
Mens or ladies
size (larger than xxl extra)
Optional name (extra)

Price per item will vary according to sleeve and zip length (and optional extras). Hope this makes thing a wee bit clearer. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
In a follow up from the other thread - yes, Hairy Jock - I'll go with short-sleeved then. I suppose I could use arm-warmers when it's cold so I can have a summer AND winter CC shirt ;)

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Moved from the admin thread:

Melvil said:
Question - would you bother doing a long sleeved version? Thing is, with Scotland's weather and all, there'd not be much point buying a short sleeved one.

The guide prices quoted are for short sleeved, but both companies do offer long sleeves as well, at a slightly higher price. As to the Scottish weather, I have been cycling in a tee shirt for the last couple of months...

goo_mason said:
I want a CycleChat forum jersey.

I'd prefer the less expensive option as I wouldn't ever pay £40 for a top (true Scotsman stereotype that I am).

One thing I've not managed to establish from any of the threads is whether (given the onset of autumn and winter) there will be a choice of long-sleeved or not ?

Yes there should be a long-sleeved but is will be a wee more expensive than the short-sleeved, so will you be going for short-sleeved after all Goo?

My preference is for Endura because they come from Livingstone, but I suspect Carvalho will win as they are cheaper.

bonj said:
are they free?
I mean it's good advertising innit.

Good try, but I think Shaun would say that they won't be free so long as the forum is free to use, he might consider give them away free when the forum starts charging by the post, back dated to the start of the forum. Senior Members with more that 800 posts might get a larger bill which could subsidise the rest, now there is an idea...

Dayvo said:
I would like a CycleChat Forum jersey -
If generally agreed, which font style would be available for our forum names?

Simple answer, I don't know.

redfox said:
What if you want to buy two?

Say you want two and we will count you twice.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask, can't guarantee I will be able to answer them....

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks to you both for the work you and Will1985 are putting into getting this going Hairy Jock.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Endura have now send me a new discount structure which make a big order more competitive, if we can get enough people interested in ordering, we can get them at a very good price. Will1985 and I will have to work of the pricing again...

bonj2

am I right in thinking that the 'btfb' one is the only one that will be personalised?
'cos I might buy one if it said 'bonj' on it. But I'd want 'bonj' on both sides rather than 'bonj' on one and 'cyclechat' on the other. I'd be happy with the cyclechat logo, or cyclechat in little letters.

Chris James

Über Member
Hairy Jock. I have voted for the Fernando Carvalho one because £40+ postage starts getting a bit steep for a short sleeved shirt, but will go with the flow.

One question that I haven't seen the answer to so far is:

Is there a FC sizing table anywhere. I couldn't find one on their website.

Also, the FC stuff either appears to have a very short zip or full zip. Does Endura 'long' zip mean full length zip or a navel length zip (my preference). Sorry for all the questions!

Smeggers

bonj said:
am I right in thinking that the 'btfb' one is the only one that will be personalised?
'cos I might buy one if it said 'bonj' on it. But I'd want 'bonj' on both sides rather than 'bonj' on one and 'cyclechat' on the other. I'd be happy with the cyclechat logo, or cyclechat in little letters.

You're brave ;)

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hairy Jock said:
Endura have now send me a new discount structure which make a big order more competitive, if we can get enough people interested in ordering, we can get them at a very good price. Will1985 and I will have to work of the pricing again...

Will has pointed out that I have made an error with my pricing of the Carvalho, there is a supplement if there are less than 10 of each type of jersey i.e. Long sleeved and short zip or Long sleeved and long zip, etc.

So less we get a very big order with more than 10 of each the price will be 20% higher, for 5-9 item or 50% higher for under 5 items.

Sorry for the confusion.

bonj said:

No, on the Whippet designs, the name goes where it says Whippet, as he was using his user name as an example.

Chris James said:
One question that I haven't seen the answer to so far is:

Is there a FC sizing table anywhere. I couldn't find one on their website.

Also, the FC stuff either appears to have a very short zip or full zip. Does Endura 'long' zip mean full length zip or a navel length zip (my preference). Sorry for all the questions!

The FC sizing table is here, as for Endura a long zip is 3/4 zip (although they also do a full length zip). I have sent a copy of the catalogue, which was sent to me, to Shaun to post up (it is to big for me to post on the forum), hopeful he will do so soon.

If wish I could offer lower prices, but the first time is always more expensive due to the design cost. However there are volume discounts, so the more people who join in the lower the cost per item. So if we get an order > £750 (before VAT and design fee), e.g. 21 or more of their short-sleeved jerseys at £36 each (basic cost), we get 10% off. If we order > £1250, e.g. 35 or more short-sleeved jerseys, we get 12%. >£1750 the discount is 15% etc ... Of course if there are people ordering lots of long sleeved and over sizes then we need fewer items to get the discount...

yenrod

I call on you all - isnt the idea simply to be clear in writing the name on the shirt and not something that needs a magnifying glass ?

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The Endura catalogue is here please remember the prices shown will vary depending on the number who order, as we add VAT and a share of the design cost, then subtract the volume discount. If Endura are the preferred supplier in the end.

yenrod said:
I call on you all - isnt the idea simply to be clear in writing the name on the shirt and not something that needs a magnifying glass ?

Yes the name on the jersey, should you pay extra for the option, will be clear and readable.

If I had realised how complicated this was going to be I would never have suggested it, but I am sure it will all be worth it when the jerseys arrive.

Chris James

Über Member
Hirsute Jock, thanks for posting the Endure catalogue. It looks great and I can really imagine the pristine Cycle Chat jerseys rolling off the production line. I voted for Fernando Carvalho (on cost) but would be very happy with Endura too. Especially since it sounds like, depending on numbers and styles of shirts ordered there might not be much of a difference in price.

Thanks for doing such a great job sorting stuff out. I know we are all asking annoying questions. I suppose it is just because we are buying sight unseen so want to check things out.

How long are we likely to run the poll for before we come to a decision?

Top Bottom