CC MTB Weekender - North Wales - 6-7th April 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
Two big shouts out in recognition of their sterling efforts this weekend.

1st for Boyd who just isn't as fit as the rest of us for one reason or another, but never gave up or complained and smiled nearly the full two days, even when we could tell he was suffering.

2nd to @nickyboy who is completely new to mountain biking and got thrown in right at the deep end! It was hardcore, extreme stuff in some places and not the best way to learn your MTB skills, but he only had one wobble after a fall on a particularly nasty, rocky technical descent and soon recovered his composure to finish the ride in good spirits.

Hats off to both of them, who's efforts far exceeded those of us more seasoned MTB riders that have done it all before. :notworthy:

Amen.

Belting weekend all round. If I’m still kicking it on the trails when I’m the same age as you lot I’ll be a happy man.

I think that means I owe nick another beer. Worth it.

mythste

Veteran
My thoughts, for posterity as much as anything else.

Skol is a mean bike rider. He did more on a 90s hardtail with no front brake than I could ever comprehend.
Fossyant is the most accommodating and kind person I've met in some time, The fact he's out smashing trails with previous injuries is inspiring
Nick has got pretty sizable nuts for hitting the whole of the Marin on only his second MTB ride ever. Had a wee off, but cracked on with the steely determination of a seasoned roadie trying to prove a point.
Chris can climb. Annoyingly well. chatting and smiling whilst I was blowing out my arse.
Boydy, you mean mother trucker. I was hurting for you by the end, but you did it. Kudos.
Dan, you're the funniest c-nut I've met in a while. Looking forward to getting stuck in some races with you in the next few months.

All in all, I've come back a much better rider than when I left. I've learned not to have a load of sambuca and thai food with the assumption I won't shoot myself the next day, and you all snore like steam trains.

Until next time.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like you had an awesome time guys and a well done to the not so proficient MTBers.

Oh we did - going to do it again later in the year.

Really loved the 'Marin' Trial - can't see why so many MTBers moan about it, well I can, there is a load of climbing and it's hard. Fair amount of fire road climbing, but, if it was all technical climbing, you'd be dead.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
MTBers moan about the Marin trail? It's fkin savage!

Jody

Stubborn git
Oh we did - going to do it again later in the year.

Really loved the 'Marin' Trial - can't see why so many MTBers moan about it, well I can, there is a load of climbing and it's hard. Fair amount of fire road climbing, but, if it was all technical climbing, you'd be dead.

I'm glad you said that as the Marin trail is on our hit list in September. Looks like we will be staying around the Cody Brenin area again. I wanted to do it last year but opted for Brenin and Stiniog.

I wouldn't mind coming down for a day if its open invitation and I'm a little bit more bike fit.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm glad you said that as the Marin trail is on our hit list in September. Looks like we will be staying around the Cody Brenin area again. I wanted to do it last year but opted for Brenin and Stiniog.

I wouldn't mind coming down for a day if its open invitation and I'm a little bit more bike fit.

Oh there'll be trips out there again don't you worry.

Top Bottom