CC MTB Weekender - North Wales - 6-7th April 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So..........

I fell off
I got blisters from holding the bars too tightly because I was worried I was going to die
I was the slowest Strava descended on the Marin trail today
I drank 5 sambuca shots on Saturday night

It was great

Thanks so much to @fossyant for being such a welcoming host and thanks to @I like Skol for basically lending me everything required for a MTB weekend. And thanks to all the other attendees for making it such a fabulous weekend and for waiting for me at the bottom of each descent

And thanks for being a good laugh !!! So glad we didn't kill you, especially on 'Dragons Back' - now that was 'different'.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
So..........

I fell off
I got blisters from holding the bars too tightly because I was worried I was going to die
I was the slowest Strava descended on the Marin trail today
I drank 5 sambuca shots on Saturday night

It was great

Thanks so much to @fossyant for being such a welcoming host and thanks to @I like Skol for basically lending me everything required for a MTB weekend. And thanks to all the other attendees for making it such a fabulous weekend and for waiting for me at the bottom of each descent

You did bloody well bud.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Happy ending, everyone survived....

IMG_20190407_151858377_HDR.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Two big shouts out in recognition of their sterling efforts this weekend.

1st for Boyd who just isn't as fit as the rest of us for one reason or another, but never gave up or complained and smiled nearly the full two days, even when we could tell he was suffering.

2nd to @nickyboy who is completely new to mountain biking and got thrown in right at the deep end! It was hardcore, extreme stuff in some places and not the best way to learn your MTB skills, but he only had one wobble after a fall on a particularly nasty, rocky technical descent and soon recovered his composure to finish the ride in good spirits.

Hats off to both of them, who's efforts far exceeded those of us more seasoned MTB riders that have done it all before. :notworthy:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Two big shouts out in recognition of their sterling efforts this weekend.

1st for Boyd who just isn't as fit as the rest of us for one reason or another, but never gave up or complained and smiled nearly the full two days, even when we could tell he was suffering.

2nd to @nickyboy who is completely new to mountain biking and got thrown in right at the deep end! It was hardcore, extreme stuff in some places and not the best way to learn your MTB skills, but he only had one wobble after a fall on a particularly nasty, rocky technical descent and soon recovered his composure to finish the ride in good spirits.

Hats off to both of them, who's efforts far exceeded those of us more seasoned MTB riders that have done it all before. :notworthy:
Damn straight. Boyd-dogged and loving it Nick- what an engine.

Top Bottom