CC MTB Weekender - North Wales - 6-7th April 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK, posting well in advance...

We have a caravan in N.Wales, 45 mins from Llandegla and Gwydir (Marin). Who possibly fancies a weekend down here. Space for about 6 realistically (1 double bed - that's mine, one room is just 1 bed now, 1 room is 2 bed, and lounge can accommodate 2).

All travel down after work Friday, unpack, hit the site's pub (cheep beer), Sat Deggers, Sun Marin, beers again Sat eve - either in Prestatyn or at local pub ??

Nothing other than beer/food/fuel money ? @dan_bo Skolly ?

Some time from March

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
OK, posting well in advance...

We have a caravan in N.Wales, 45 mins from Llandegla and Gwydir (Marin). Who possibly fancies a weekend down here. Space for about 6 realistically (1 double bed - that's mine, one room is just 1 bed now, 1 room is 2 bed, and lounge can accommodate 2).

All travel down after work Friday, unpack, hit the site's pub (cheep beer), Sat Deggers, Sun Marin, beers again Sat eve - either in Prestatyn or at local pub ??

Nothing other than beer/food/fuel money ? @dan_bo Skolly ?

Some time from March
That sounds like a sterling proposition.

Should i ask the long one?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Can also pitch a tent(s) in the garden if needed - rather plan in advance.

Our site opens early March, but it's usually a bit cold (we do have central heating). Its an ideal location for getting out, and Prestatyn is about 5 mins away in a taxi, and has loads of eateries and pubs. It has a great choice - Chinese, Thai, two Indians, three typical pub grub places and we are even getting a Weatherspoons. Or you can go to the site's local with it's log stove in the snug and a pool table. The club has a snooker table too. Friday night is karaoke in the pub (in the family room so we stay in the snug) and the club usually has singers on (as well as bingo for the old folk) We also have a cracking cafe for a full cooked breakfast, oh and I forgot, a fabulous chippy - don't get a large portion of chips - it's enough to feed a family).

PS - Price of a pint - £2.80ish (site owners get an additional 10% off in the pub). Oh and happy hour 5-7 £2.50 a pint (did used to be £2 a pint, but we got too many 'riff raff' from the Presthaven site. :laugh:)

Selling it to you ?

6-7th April sounds like a plan.
If more interested, we do have two 3 person tents.

Also, it's OK for leaving the bikes chained up outside - never had any trouble.

Subject to folk having time off, could always aim to arrive Thursday night, then do a three day visit -

e.g. Brenin/Stiniog (nope - I'll die)/Rhyl pump track or even an easy pub crawl day on the bikes - ride to the Eagle and Child pub - via 1500ft of off road climbing in 3 miles - the pub's worth it, then a quick stop at the Red Lion in Llanasa, then down a cracking descent back to the van and possibly past a few pubs ?

Anyone ? Three already confirmed.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Plan is still:-

Bikes

Saturday Llandegla (it's even good in the rain) - possibly 2 circuits - depends on how hard we hit the Black as you can be seriously knackered after one run - wouldn't mind a second run being just blue, as I've never done it.

Sunday Marin - more exposed - 16 miles so a good few hours in the saddle.

Social

Friday night - depending upon when folk can get to the caravan, local pub/chippy tea - or if early, into Prestatyn
Saturday night - Prestatyn for food and beers.

Depending on shifts etc, open for Thursday arrival - I may book the Friday off work.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Yep. New iron'll be together by then as well.

The Santa Claus ? :evil:

I will have to let you know, I am supposed to be going skiing that week, but we are leaving it until a few weeks before to book. If nothing turns up, I will be in.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
20190228_125856.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Getting slightly excited about this now, even though it is still a month away :hyper:

Have seen the build start on Dan's bike, looks like it could be a good'un. Shame about the big girl rider :tongue:

I'm wracking my brain trying to think who else might fancy this, now't wrong with the people lined up so far but I reckon with a couple more participants we could just reach 'critical mass' to make the riding and banter flow nicely.
@nickyboy? @Kestevan can just about handle an MTB (but hasn't got one!), @skudupnorth or maybe @Hacienda71
Could even bring my 13yr old who can do the technical side but probably doesn't have the stamina for riding with us 'grown ups' (besides, he is too young to bring us our drinks from the bar).

Top Bottom