CC MTB Weekender - North Wales - 6-7th April 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If I can borrow a bike @I like Skol then I'm in. And providing you don't try to kill a MTB novice

Sounds like a plan. Skolly has a few capable bikes. I could lend you a 26" fully rigid 90s MTB, but it's a bit scarey on downhill bits.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If I can borrow a bike @I like Skol then I'm in. And providing you don't try to kill a MTB novice
Cool :becool:
How tall are you Nick? Choice of two bikes. Jnr's bike is too small for me, not sure about you. Bigger lads bike is, obviously, bigger but not quite as nimble due to extra weight. We need to get you on a bike for a test ride.... What are you doing this afternoon?

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What size feet Nick? Big lad is a 44, or I have a spare pair of 45s that just need some cleats screwing on, but these are a pretty smooth trainer type shoe.

I can see a new bike purchase on the horizon in the Nickyboy household :laugh:

@potsy has a hardly used Decathlon bike that is going spare.....

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I do have a pair of unused flat pedals if they may be needed on the weekend. I could also lend you my son's hardtail - it's a Carrera Vengence - decen't bit of kit, but not as good as skolly's lads (if bikes don't fit). My son's is a small, but he's currently 5' 8" and it fits.

PS I also have an older pair of Lakes at 44 (come up a bit small) as I'm a 43 (again available on the day). If you need a camelback with bladder, let me know as we have a spare decathlon one for the weekend.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Roll the cameras....

upload_2019-3-5_10-26-21.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
From my point of view it was actually a really good ride. The sun shone and rain held off for the duration, apart from the odd place where we were exposed to a bit of head wind we couldn't really have asked for a much better day so early in March.

Nick took to the MTB thing like a duck to water. He appears to be a natural and has the balance and skills he needs, just needs to get some confidence and experience. I was really impressed actually, I've seen people that have ridden MTB much more and are far less capable than Nick on his first ride :okay:

Top Bottom