CC MTB Weekender - North Wales - 6-7th April 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think joining the Strava madness would be really bad for me. My places would fall rapidly as my head swelled in size after initial KOMs....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fabulous

5 so far !!
How much room we got?

I may have 1 or 2 non-forum members that could be interested....

Little Bro has more money than sense and just bought this - www.evanscycles.com/lapierre-zesty-am-527-2018-mountain-bike-EV359282

Another friend of mine (who as it happens broke his spine a couple of years ago) has also recently upgraded to something fancy and bouncy at both ends. He's not the fittest but I'm sure he can keep up with you load of geriatrics if there is a night on the beer to encourage him :laugh:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We can squeeze a few in. I've got a double (hee hee). 1 twin is now a single (son's room), 1 twin room, a double pull out in the lounge, but could squeeze another on the settee next.

So, in rooms 4 or 5. The lounge, if we don't pull out the bed (it's OK for 1 really - bit too cosy for a couple, plus it's not supportive enough), would cope with two on the L shaped settee, and two on air beds. 7-8 maximum. Could get an air bed in the other twin room if needed.

We'd need folk to bring a duvet/sleeping bag with those numbers and the usual towels.

Fairly comfy with those numbers - loads of seating space (it's a big van). Parking is fine as we can put a car or two opposite, and early April isn't too busy. 6 will get a bed/sofa, but any more we need air beds.

I'll be taking all my tools and a foldable bike maintenance stand.

I'll probably have my bar top arcade machine down as well. :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

PS, most importantly, the loo and shower are separate. So, getting 7/8 mud covered blokes clean, whilst others need a 'visit' should be OK :laugh:, if not a logistics nightmare.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

My folks van has both utilities 'together' - it's very common, even big vans. Actually, if anyone is desperate to get clean, I could send you down to my folks van. I can't, however, send anyone to my sister's van, as you need to be spotless before you go in. (yes my family have invaded since we took over my in-laws van). My dad would be cool, and probably give you a beer on entry...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
5 so far !!
6 now! Do you think we should phone ahead and tell the pubs to stock up on beer..... :whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Back to the cycling topic, these are for @nickyboys bike. He should be twice as fast down Parallel Universe now....
IMG_20190311_131500336.jpg

mythste

Veteran
If you don't mind someone that's not been on the forum for ages and you have a space (Or somewhere I can pitch, seasoned camper) I may well be available. I've ridden the llandudno 100 with @nickyboy a few years ago and it appears my only liability is getting ID'd at the bar. I'm sure I owe him a pint or two from then also.

Reasonably competent MTB rider, have done most of the black at Degla, don't have the stones for the bit in the video above... :laugh:

Won't be offended if you've got a good crew that won't befit an outsider!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

You are welcome to come.

I'll get skolly to add you to the personal convo.

We have room in the van but youll need an air bed and some bedding. Should be a great weekend, even if its wet.

Top Bottom