CC'ers spotted on the commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
@Origamist on the A50 heading South out of Knutsford. Determined look on his face and a very bright torch strapped to his bars. I didn't have my front light switched on. :ph34r:

Would have been good to see you, but as normal, I missed you. I was totally focussed on the pitta and hummus waiting for me at home.

"Determined" - I think you mean "defeated" - the headwind wasn't strong, but it was more than enough to sap my resolve! A couple of wet, cold and windy days and my legs and will power have turned to mush.

Was the light a bit bright - I changed the angle this morning and raised it a bit. It's a Fenix BC 30 bike light and I was running the 200 lumen flash mode!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Would have been good to see you, but as normal, I missed you. I was totally focussed on the pitta and hummus waiting for me at home.

"Determined" - I think you mean "defeated" - the headwind wasn't strong, but it was more than enough to sap my resolve! A couple of wet, cold and windy days and my legs and will power have turned to mush.

Was the light a bit bright - I changed the angle this morning and raised it a bit. It's a Fenix BC 30 bike light and I was running the 200 lumen flash mode!
Light looked bright but wasn't blinding. Don't think you can have too bright on the A50. Interested to know what burn time you get when it gets really dark out on the country lanes. Having a single unit rather than a separate battery pack kind of appeals.
Will have to get out for a ride sometime keep planning to ride over to Chester one weekend. Coffee by the river. Could meet enroute if you fancy it. I am sure some of the usual suspects would be up for it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
:thumbsup: I did mate yes. Nice to meet you, shame we couldn't of had a few miles. Looks like a new set of wheels are a comin' my way. Thanks again for pulling over to assist.
New free hub at least imho , or as you asked ...............
http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/shimano-wh-r501--28700-c-road-wheel-set/aid:100100
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...andard-spoke-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr202
Freehub will set you back up to £30 on its own ?
When time and family allow im always ready for a ride :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Definitely getting colder even @I like Skol had his long pants on this morning when I spotted him loitering in the bike shed, @skudupnorth will be mortified :whistle:
You rat, you promised me you wouldn't tell anyone :evil: I was only interested to see if they still fitted me and I'm glad to say, unlike some, I haven't put any weight on since last winter. :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You rat, you promised me you wouldn't tell anyone :evil: I was only interested to see if they still fitted me and I'm glad to say, unlike some, I haven't put any weight on since last winter. :laugh:
Well, I haven't put weight on since last winter! :thumbsup: In fact, it is still trickling off me and I had to tighten the belt on my trousers today. I am now down to a 34" waist from a maximum of 51" in 2010-2011.

Let's get the hilly forum rides going again next year and drag @potsy out on them!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nice wee chat with @Harry_Palmer79 found sheltering from a mini tsunami on his way home :hello:
Hope you got there ok!
I had to seek cover in a bus stop at only half a mile from home, hail bombarding me ... auch!

Hi @Pat "5mph" it was lovely catching up with you again... I made it home eventually but the wind was an absolute killer
hurricanesmiley.gif

Top Bottom