Celeb spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzy29

Elmer Fudd;42637][quote name= said:
I also met Gary Glitter when I was a kid. :ohmy:

Would you like to talk about your experience ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we were cycling home from school and my mate said "hey, isn't that Gary Glitter?". So we went over and asked for his autograph. He was living round the corner from us for while as he was seeing a 13 year old girl from the town. In those days it was called 'rock and roll'. :ohmy:

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Ok, OK, so Gary isn't necessarily a major celeb but I thought it would have some interest value on this forum. For my part, I was headed for some dim sum for lunch. Can't speak for Gary.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Saw Dale Winton in Vinopolis on Gt. Portland St. yesterday!!!!

When you hear the beep, think of the fun you could be having on Supermarket Sweep!

Noodley

Gary Imlach - cycling presenter bloke from ITV and Ch 4 (also used to present Superbowl coverage)
Dave Prowse - Darth Vader and the Green Cross Code bloke
Richard Fairbrass - singer from Right Said Fred
Colin Farrell - not sure, but I think he's the actor who is a complete twat and wants to either fight or shag everyone.
Carol Lee-Scott - she was "Grot Bags" on Emu TV (c'mon surely you know her :o)
and the other bloke - not a clue

Thank you, Noodley. I'm still none the wiser, but I am better informed.:ohmy:

Big Bren

RT resourts to the clarion call of the affected grumpy old man - "who the hell is <insert celebrity name> anyway?!"

During a holiday in LA some years ago, I encountered gangster rap wunderkind Snoop Doggy Dogg in the Beverley Hills Mall - he was surrounded by burly, gun-toting bodyguards in primary coloured suits and matching bowler hats. Most bizarre.

Also, I once saw Salman Rushdie on the platform of Wakefield train station - it was during the fatwa years, and I had an almost overpowering urge to creep up behind him and shout 'BANG!' at the top of my voice.

Bren

Big Bren

In which case, I demand that every post you make over the coming weekend should be done in gangsta rap speak. Fo' shizzle.

Bren

Noodley

I recall a true story (honest) when I were but a young drunken lad and somehow found myself in Sydney - I told my parents I was going to visit a friend in London, which I was, but returned 2 years later after a few detours.

Walking home one morning, after a night of alcohol and having had breakfast with a number of miscreants, en route to the hostel where I was staying I enountered Public Enemy coming out of their hotel (this was in 1990). Very unoriginally I asked Flavor Flav: "You got the time mate?" I am sure he must have been asked this a thousand times, but he looked at his wristwatch and said "yeh, it's <insert time as I can't remember>, you look like you should be in bed". He was right. But they stood and had a chat with me for a while, I think they were confused to find a hungover Scotsman in Australia who knew who they were.

(this story will only make sense if you realise who he is and what he wore around his neck)

A massive clock, I believe. I like Public Enemy too.

On a related note (but still OT), I remember reading a story about a woman who worked in an office. One day, she came into work wearing some natty little clocks as earrings. At some point during the day, her boss poked his head round the door and asked her what time it was. Without saying anything, she grinned, walked over to him, placed her face in front of his and shook her head. He looked confused and left. Upon returning to her desk, she spotted her earrings lying on the desk where she'd left them after removing them to answer the phone.:ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
When I lived in Aylesbury I saw quite a number of TV/Film stars on the late train home when going from London Marleybone station. It seemed quite a few lived out in that area of Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom