Celeb spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purpleR

Guru
trustysteed;42680][quote name= said:
I went to Richard Fairbrass's hous for a party in the late 90's.
can you walk yet? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

I saw Right Said Fred on the bus the other day and spilled over about my excitement when I got into work. One of my (adult) colleagues: "who are they?"

She's too young to remember them. :ohmy: :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

He sure is. I'll never forget that Jungle programme.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
purpleR;43183][quote name= said:
chris42'' said:
can you walk yet? :ohmy:

I saw Right Said Fred on the bus the other day and spilled over about my excitement when I got into work. One of my (adult) colleagues: "who are they?"

She's too young to remember them. :ohmy: :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

the gay fellas in the daz adverts of course!

Melvil

alecstilleyedye;43517][quote name= said:
trustysteed;42680 said:
chris42'' said:
can you walk yet? :ohmy:

She's too young to remember them. :ohmy: :biggrin:

the gay fellas in the daz adverts of course![/quote]

On the subject of Right Said Fred - when he sang 'I'm too sexy' and the lyrics included 'I'm a model - you know what I mean...'

'What did he mean?

Sat on the next table to Colin Firth last weekend in the Tate Modern top floor cafe place. Funnily enough, he didn't really look like Colin Firth.

Now, Anna Kournikova definitely is another matter... sat next to her on a flight to the States - those 7 hours felt like forver and an instant at the same time! (This was in 1998 when she had a smidgeon of talent and so was famous for playing tennis rather than merely being 'Anna Kournikova'). Did the chivalrous thing and got her bags off the conveyor belt at the airport - she'd hurt her hand or similar. Rude not to of course.

S

TimO

Guru
Melvil said:
I once met Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards when I were a nipper.
I lived next door to his parents for some years, we used to see him, and his "Eddie the Eagle Edwards flies to Pontins" Car (or something like that) parked outside. On one memorable occasion he was in the back garden wearing his full ski jumping kit, which was kind of odd, since I think it was the middle of summer. :ohmy:

TimO

Guru
Noodley said:
Dave Prowse - Darth Vader and the Green Cross Code bloke
And, more importantly, Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy television series.

Bodyguard: I'm paid to guard his body, not yours, so take it away before it gets broken...
(badly quoted, but I haven't watched/read/listened to it for ages).

Melvil

TimO;43547][quote=Noodley said:
And, more importantly, Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy television series.

Bodyguard: I'm paid to guard his body, not yours, so take it away before it gets broken...
(badly quoted, but I haven't watched/read/listened to it for ages).[/quote]

Ah, H2G2 - the series with the most rubbish special effect in television history...I speak of Zaphod's second head, of course!

Mr Phoebus

Melvil said:
On the subject of Right Said Fred - when he sang 'I'm too sexy' and the lyrics included 'I'm a model - you know what I mean...'

'What did he mean?

He'd like to take you home that's understood.

Mr Phoebus

Melvil;43561][quote=TimO;43547][quote=Noodley said:

Ah, H2G2 - the series with the most rubbish special effect in television history...I speak of Zaphod's second head, of course![/QUOTE]

WHAT!!!!!!!! Have you never watched Blake's Seven?

Melvil

Mr Phoebus;43569][quote=Melvil;43561][quote=TimO;43547][quote=Noodley said:

Ah, H2G2 - the series with the most rubbish special effect in television history...I speak of Zaphod's second head, of course![/quote]

WHAT!!!!!!!! Have you never watched Blake's Seven?[/quote]

NO. :biggrin::biggrin::ohmy::biggrin::angry::ohmy:

A few years ago I was doing some editing work for the Edinburgh Film Festival, I had Mark Kermode and Angelo Badalamenti coming in to do some work and the EFF organisers were keen that I made them feel at home and not be late in the morning. However, the opening party was on the night before, which was all free food and drink, needless to say I got totally hammered, didn't get home until about 4 in the morning, failed to wake up, rushed to work over an hour late to find Mark Kermode Mr Badalamenti sitting on the doorstep in the pouring rain!!!!:ohmy:

Some, not very happy people that day!!!!

Tetedelacourse

Eat MY Dust said:
A few years ago I was doing some editing work for the Edinburgh Film Festival, I had Mark Kermode and Angelo Badalamenti coming in to do some work and the EFF organisers were keen that I made them feel at home and not be late in the morning. However, the opening party was on the night before, which was all free food and drink, needless to say I got totally hammered, didn't get home until about 4 in the morning, failed to wake up, rushed to work over an hour late to find Mark Kermode Mr Badalamenti sitting on the doorstep in the pouring rain!!!!:biggrin:

Some, not very happy people that day!!!!

:ohmy::laugh::biggrin::ohmy:

Top Bottom