Celeb spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
James Herriott used to come round our house for tea. (My dad used to work for him). A very nice man.

This happened a good 20 years ago and its a bit long winded but ......

We were on holiday staying in a very posh villa near Marbella. It overlooked a even posher golf course. Very often we would find golf balls in the garden thanks to the ineptitude of some of these golfing types.

Anyhow, we, meaning the kids, were messing around in the pool when this torrent of foul and abusive language in English erupted from behind the hedge on the golf course. My mother promptly went over to remonstrate with the person responsible for corrupting her children with such depravity!

A very grovelling apology could be heard and we carried on trying to drown one another.

Later that evening we went to the golf clubhouse to have a spot of light refreshments. The kids sat down outside while our parents got the drinks.
"Go and say thank you to that Gentleman inside with the blue shirt on in the bar." my mother says carrying a tray of extra large cokes. " He bought these to apologise once again for swearing so rudely this afternoon." So in we troop to say thank you to ...............

Sean Connery!

Top Bottom