Celebrate with me a brief moment of glory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Well done Aunty Helen :laugh:, beating Mr Oates is always good, whether he knows he's in a race or not :smile:.

Aran doesn't come on here does he/she? Just tags their miles onto us :smile:.
Someone said they were a friend of theirs but I can't remember who it was.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Of course none of us are in a race... except with the person above us in the list! I wondered who Aran20 is, although I wondered more who Thomas Thailand is (not on the CycleChat team) and if he has a life outside the saddle because he does a heck of a lot of mileage!

Having met Aperitif and User3143 on the ride yesterday, and discovered they both did quite phenomenal distances to get to the ride (Lee totalled 140 miles yesterday, Aperitif 200ish km), I'm mightily relieved they don't log on Cyclogs. Yet.

Keith Oates

Janner
Auntie Helen, I've noticed your milage this month so far and was well impressed, especially with the bad weather you've had in the UK. As far as cyclogs goes, I use it as a guide on my monthly milage but also to give me incentive on the mornings that the weather is bad or I just feel lazy. I also look at any people who I know from the forum, but have not necessarily met, as this also is of interest to me. As far as the team placings go Mr. Hippo and Yello are pushing us hard this month in their team and with the increase in teams and posting members it gives me pleasure to follow what is going on each day.

Young Un, FWIW I also think you misunderstood AH's original posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe this thread!
Young Un - you were right about only one thing - the apology. Well done.
Auntie Helen - carry on with the fun! There are many on here who come across as deep/shallow (:biggrin:)/arrogant/ polite and presentation either 'catches your eye' or doesn't.
If it does - join in. If it doesn't - stand back.
Now, if 'them there hormones' means you want a 'love/hate' with Auntie Helen I can understand that...:biggrin:

PS - I used to record kms on Cyclelogs for the CC team Auntie - regular 275km a week + whatever at the weekends. I'll start putting it up again if it makes any difference to team CC :biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Auntie Helen said:
http://cyclogs.org/team.aspx?id=9

How is it possible I am above Keith Oates in the rankings!!! I'm sure it's just a random blip and I will descend to the nether regions of the CycleChat team in due course. But second place... and a girlie... I'm very chuffed!

hmmm, that sounds like a challenge :evil: :headshake:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
damn - Uncle Mort beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well done Auntie Helen ... I think I would be pleased with myself too ... you have just made me hatch a plan to be at the top of the leaderboard too;)... I've worked out how to do it... on the 28th Feb or next month ... set off at nearly midnight and quickly do some miles... come home log it and bask in my glory ... until the next person adds theirs:biggrin:

I only started logging mine this year... its been interesting doing it... and it is motivating me to keep an eye on those miles. I wanted the 3000 last year and failed... this year I am on target although it is slipping what with the snow. And I would like to get into double figures for my speed (its embarrassing:blush: currently I'm trying to blame it on the snow - but everyone else has snow/ice too:ohmy:.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Well All I can say now after the dust has settled! Is that my experiance of cyclogs is far more painful than Helen's in that I am always chasing sitting duck!!!!!!!!!!!
And to cap it all his average speed is better than mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say no more!!!!!!!!;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
just joined cyclogs and posted up my work so far, have Aran20 firmly in my sights, the cheeky young pup doesn't know what's coming. Pah, he only averages 17.73mph

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
just joined cyclogs and posted up my work so far, have Aran20 firmly in my sights, the cheeky young pup doesn't know what's coming. Pah, he only averages 17.73mph

Nice one, welcome aboard :sad:

Top Bottom