Celebrate with me a brief moment of glory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Speicher said:
I venture to suggest that she was doing so in a light-hearted manner, and​

was pleased to be in the lead. Ask any of the people on the ride with her yesterday, what their impression would be.​

Speicher as you said before Auntie Helen can argue for herself. I am not trying to tell you to f off or anything, it is just that I do not want to argue with you, as I have nothing against you and don't want that to change.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
OK, to set the record straight.

I am very pleased to have managed to do so many miles this month and am very surprised to be in second place on the leaderboard of the Cyclogs team. This is because I am continually astounded by the impressive cycling feats of other people on this forum, Keith Oates being one specifically that I often notice. How do he and Aran20 do so many miles, so consistently? It's something that clearly takes a great deal of commitment and willpower and I think they're amazing to do so much.

On the ride yesterday, and a bit beforehand, I got into a bit of banter with Ianrauk about our relative positions on Cyclogs. He's going to overtake me either tomorrow or Tuesday, we have both been talking about it, and so I wanted to mark the moment, probably the last ever one for me, that I'm second on the leaderboard. I feel I have worked quite hard this month to do that many miles, particularly with the snow, and so I do feel that it's something I am mediumly proud about.

However I think there's a difference between pride (justified or unjustified) and snobbishness. Surely snobbishness suggests that someone feels they are innately superior to others around them? I really, really hope that that isn't what comes across from me, and if it does then I am very sorry for that. Young Un, I'm surprised that you have felt I come across like that, and wonder what it is that's given you the impression (my profile - picture of dog with bandage on? Reference to only one bike?; comments I've made - none of which spring to mind (apart from clearly this thread))?

And your final line to Speicher: "Speicher as you said before Auntie Helen can argue for herself. I am not trying to tell you to f off or anything, it is just that I do not want to argue with you, as I have nothing against you and don't want that to change." suggests that you are telling me to f off and that you do have something against me. I hope not!

Young Un

Auntie Helen said:
And your final line to Speicher: "Speicher as you said before Auntie Helen can argue for herself. I am not trying to tell you to f off or anything, it is just that I do not want to argue with you, as I have nothing against you and don't want that to change." suggests that you are telling me to f off and that you do have something against me. I hope not!

NO now you're reading my posts wrong lol:laugh:, I did not mean that at all, I just was saying that I did not want Speicher to get dragged into an arguement that may cause me to change the way I look at her.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Well I was impressed and very well done:biggrin:

Young Un, sorry???????????????????????? most puzzling attack I've seen on CC so far and there are plenty to choose from:biggrin:

Young Un said:
Seeing as I am a teenager can I blame it on hormones:biggrin:

... and you could apologise while you're at it.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm a woman approaching her 40s, I can have a stab at out-hormoning you on a bad day :laugh: I tamp it down by association with random groups of male cyclists in lycra, helps to provide some light relief.

Young Un

Rhythm Thief said:

there have been a lot worse things said to one another on cyclechat, and in comparison this does not seem that bad, and I know that doesn't make it right, but it does make it very annoying that I have hadpm's from the mods. but i DONT want to go into that.

I am sorry Auntie Helen, and I am also sorry to Speicher.

Rhythm Thief said:

Ah come on Dad, let him off this once, no frog marching to apologise. Let the lad find his own way, I'm sure he can.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
It wasn't that bad what he said, just a bit of a surprise (makes me rethink all I've been saying and trying to think of alternative ways in which it could come across). Clearly I have been a bit unclear in my tone of voice/type if Young Un has picked up an unfortunate tone coming out of my random musings. It's an easy thing to do on a forum, I suppose, when people don't really know you.

Anyway no harm done, and I hope, Young Un, that you'll cut me some slack if I sound snobby. It's probably a desperate attempt to detach myself from my Essex Girl roots and to find a grain of honour despite hailing from Saafend.

I was confused too Young Un. There was no need to get snotty with Auntie.

FWIW I've not been on my bike since last Monday, so I suspect that I've got some catching up to do...:laugh:

Top Bottom