Celebrity spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Did you punch the odious twat in the face?

It was about 15 years ago now, I was with a group, it wasn't me who identified him (even then they weren't 100% sure, but I am sure it was - If it wasn't then he must have a twin brother or something), and quite frankly, I knew he was some football pundit, but not enough about what else he did, so, lovely as it would have been, now knowing his homophobic comments, I didn't.

Instead, I avoided getting into a fight with him and potentially having an assault charge and.... Just enjoyed my journey..... If that is actually possible on a class 465/466 combo working a Victoria - Dartford service.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yeah, yeah.... any excuse not to chip your nail polish....

:laugh:

By the way, you could at least have waited and replied to my reply after it had been EDITED!! :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Is there anything more pointless than celebrity?

It depends on what they've done, to achieve notoriety. I can't be arsed with the 'famous, for being famous' brigade ( reality TV 'stars' and the like) 'Z listers' and the like. But if they've actually done something awesome (head of State/ the Commonwealth, Apollo 11 astronaut, 2 times TDF winner, multiple million record selling Rock Legend, multiple Le Mans 24 hour winner, etc. etc. etc.) then I'll let them off.

They have all got on that there telly box thingy, whereas, I haven't :giggle:

I've seen both Mick Jagger and John Malkovich in Richmond, along with the aforementioned Mr Grant (he was getting his haircut in the chair next to me). The place was over run by Brangelina a couple of years ago, but I never saw them, even when they bought kiddies bikes at Halfords around the corner.

And then there was the delightful moment when the BBC was doing vox pop in the street, and managed to interview the Fonz.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hmmmm.... A good few years ago i met Jimmy Carr at liverpool street station with a camera crew, Im not sure what it was he was recording for as I never saw the video of him at liverpool street ever surface. Unfortunately he was in the middle of recording a scene and i was on my way to work so i couldnt hang around and say hello.

Not long after that I met Mr. Kofi Annan when he to the Financial times building on London Bridge for a conference while i was working there. couldnt really talk to him but i got a handshake and a hello :smile:

a good few years after that I met Jonathan Ross at an event called 'Hyper Japan' --- what a grumpy git. For all the money this guy gets paid by the BBC and the public in the form of TV licensing, he couldnt manage a hello and a quick handshake. He was at the event with his kids and i was working with the organisers of the event. I understand why hes a total dick though but obviously when youre that famous, theres nowhere for you to hide in the public eye and everyone wants a hello, handshake and a selfie.

last famous guy i met, I was on the way home from a CC SLR and i had just arrived at tottenham hale. There was a lady on her knees looking rather sad with a p+. I was going to offer my services but who comes to the rescue? Mr Mark Cavendish!!! I had no idea it was him first. I thought it was some random rich boy passing through that decided to get out of his jeep and help a damsel in distress but it was Mark C. I offered my help but he said he had it under wraps so i left them to it.... I didnt actually know it was him till a week later when GCN reported on it.

Couldnt find the GCN video (its probably there somewhere) but heres an evening standard link

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I didnt actually know it was him till a week later when GCN reported on it.

Wasn't the fact that he was talking in an almost incomprehensible northern, almost scouser mumble a bit of a giveaway??

Even I have to listen very cafefully sometimes when I hear him speak, and I'm Scottish!

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Wasn't the fact that he was talking in an almost incomprehensible northern, almost scouser mumble a bit of a giveaway?? :laugh:

Even I have to listen very cafefully sometimes when I hear him speak, and I'm Scottish!

I actually had absolutely no idea who he was at the time. When i saw GCN report on it, googled who he was then was like "ooooOoOoooooohhhhhhh.... so thats who stole my thunder!" :tongue:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I actually had absolutely no idea who he was at the time. When i saw GCN report on it, googled who he was then was like "ooooOoOoooooohhhhhhh.... so thats who stole my thunder!" :tongue:

The Manx Missile beat you to it!! :notworthy:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I saw Esther Rantzen in Little Clarendon St, Oxford about 20 years ago.
I saw Stephen Fry in the OUP bookshop on the High. And Stephen Hawking in Blackwell's music shop. I have never seen Stephen Sondheim in Oxford.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4332338, member: 76"]
As for other celebrities, I used to be the admitting nurse to the Detox programme at The Marchwood Priory Hospital, celeb detox on the edge of The New Forest. Unfortunately professional boundaries mean I have to leave it there :stop:[/QUOTE]

"Used to be" - your confidentiality clause expired some time ago ;)

image.jpeg

The red arrows.

Top Bottom