Celeriac purée?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't like aniseed, so that one is out!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Try lightly frying thinly sliced fennel, yellow pepper and leek with soy sauce then placing on either a paper or foil square and plonking a salmon steak on top with the chopped fennel 'fronds' and some chopped chives, scrunch into a parcel and bake at 180 for 20-25 mins. :hungry:

I've never even heard of those ...

Salsify, Scorzonera ... 'oystery'. Oh, I don't like the sound of them!
Naaah - they don't taste like oysters. More like a fragrant potato, with a wee bit of crunch. Lovely stuff - but a pain to prepare.

Ah - Romanesco - those very odd-looking vegetables! I have seen them on sale but didn't know what they were. I'll give that veg a go.
Feel like a cauliflower in the mouth, but taste green and fresh. Gorgeous - cooked plain and lashings of butter.

Cream of celeriac soup is the bees knees. Especially when it's got a large bunch of parsley in it too. :hungry:

Had a romanesco cauliflower earlier in the week. Nice enough, but would only ever buy in the reductions. Salsify and Scorzonera - best buy those canned as they're a swine to clean. I'm rather partial to globe artichokes, but again, best bought canned as there's a lot of waste and fiddlage when it comes to the whole ones.

TVC

A dollop of celeriac puree on a plate is a travesty, it has to be a swipe onto which other items are placed before dressing with fennel cress.

Top Bottom