Censorship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But if you typed "masturbation" it would not have been changed. Nor is masturbator. self-gratification artist is, I guess, but that's a term of (often friendly) abuse.

I prefer "Onanist", although the definition is varied

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD CONFESSION TIME:

I am the one who Edited @jefmcg's post.

In a thread about breakfast cereal, I was surprised :ohmy: - nay even shocked :eek: - to find how quickly (11 posts) things had turned to masturbation. I confess to having been unaware of the Victorian connection to oatmeal and, now that I am wiser :unsure: and more knowledgeable :okay:, have no hesitation in re-editing the post back to it's original form.

We don't deliberately set out to 'censor' CycleChat but we do seek to administer the UG&R, which have had quite a few tweaks over the years - and how many of us Members read them even occasionally to see if anything has changed ? Shaun usually posts about any changes but not everyone sees those posts either.

The other point to please remember is that many of us have been around CC for quite some time, have met and made friends (or not-friends even :stop:) of other members - people we would never have met but for our connection through CC. This has led to familiarity and a certain understanding of the context in which a post is viewed/received and thus the response - which can be quite confusing or disturbing to a newer member, who doesn't know the background nor the relationship between older members. Equally, it is easy to forget that things like swearing might, in context, be amusing to some members but not all and still needs to preserve the "Fun and friendly cycling community" to visitors and younger family people.

We are not perfect Mods :sad: but we do try to keep the lid on things getting out of hand and we do always read all the Reported posts, discuss them if necessary and take action as agreed and appropriate. Equally we sometimes just act before a Report has been made, if we see something ourselves. We, just like you, want to keep the buzz, vibe and unique atmosphere of CycleChat and we do what we can to assist Shaun in cycling internet world domination :wahhey: maintaining CC as the foremost, friendliest and most informative internet cycling forum.

Thank you if you have managed to read all of this !:laugh:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
If nothing else I have now learnt about Kellogg. Which was quite interesting to say the least, bet he was a massive winker

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Don't sugar coat it

classic33

Leg End Member
MOD CONFESSION TIME:

In a thread about breakfast cereal, I was surprised :ohmy: - nay even shocked :eek: - to find how quickly (11 posts) things had turned to masturbation. I confess to having been unaware of the Victorian connection to oatmeal and, now that I am wiser :unsure: and more knowledgeable :okay:, have no hesitation in re-editing the post back to it's original form.

We don't deliberately set out to 'censor' CycleChat but we do seek to administer the UG&R, which have had quite a few tweaks over the years - and how many of us Members read them even occasionally to see if anything has changed ? Shaun usually posts about any changes but not everyone sees those posts either.

The other point to please remember is that many of us have been around CC for quite some time, have met and made friends (or not-friends even :stop:) of other members - people we would never have met but for our connection through CC. This has led to familiarity and a certain understanding of the context in which a post is viewed/received and thus the response - which can be quite confusing or disturbing to a newer member, who doesn't know the background nor the relationship between older members. Equally, it is easy to forget that things like swearing might, in context, be amusing to some members but not all and still needs to preserve the "Fun and friendly cycling community" to visitors and younger family people.

We are not perfect Mods :sad: but we do try to keep the lid on things getting out of hand and we do always read all the Reported posts, discuss them if necessary and take action as agreed and appropriate. Equally we sometimes just act before a Report has been made, if we see something ourselves. We, just like you, want to keep the buzz, vibe and unique atmosphere of CycleChat and we do what we can to assist Shaun in cycling internet world domination :wahhey: maintaining CC as the foremost, friendliest and most informative internet cycling forum.

There's longer, multi-coloured posts than this.

Blackadder: Baldrick, fix us some coffee will you? And try to make it taste slightly less like mud this time.
Baldrick: It's not easy, I'm afraid, Captain.
Blackadder: Why is this?
Baldrick: It is mud. We ran out of coffee thirteen months ago.
Blackadder: So everytime I've drunk your coffee since, I have, in fact, been drinking hot mud.
Baldrick: With sugar.
Blackadder: Which, of course, makes all the difference.
Baldrick: Why, it would do, if we had any sugar, but unfortunately, we ran out New Year's Eve, 1915. Since then, I've been using sugar substitute.
Blackadder: Which is?
Baldrick: Dandruff.
Blackadder: (disgusted and disheartened) Brilliant.
Baldrick: Still, I could add some milk this time. (leans in) Well, saliva.
Blackadder: No! No thank you, Baldrick; call me Mr. Picky, but I'll pass.
Baldrick: That's probably 'cause you're mad!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
MOD CONFESSION TIME:

Thank you for your honesty.

(Omnes: "Creep!")

To be honest I suspect that any child who finds this place in the least bit attractive knows and uses more swearwords than most of the adults. And if it were up to me I'd moderate yelliw-faced things. Since banning them doesn't seem to be all that popular I'd introduce a feature into the code that randomly swapped them around. It would be an entertaining new game -Russian Smiley Roulette. Will you're winking thing intending to indicate a joke be turned into a thing flipping the finger?