Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
So much for 2 more weeks before considering heating: it's on now, as my better half didn't want to put some of her clothes through the tumble drier.
Ooh, it's lovely.

... But not the best way to dry clothes. We're back to sources of damp , again.

Exlaser2

Veteran
My hearing's been off for years.

My hearing is a lot better than my spellchecking 😂😂😀

Mike_P

Guru
Yikes! Why didn't it come on earlier? That'll take a long time or a lot of fuel to warm back up to 19/20.

Only on a twice a day setting
Soon up to it's current thermostat setting of 18.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have had to cave in and put the central heating on. There is only so much meaning and groaning, threats and general nagging one man can take.
I am sitting here in a pair of shorts and a T shirt.

GuyBoden

Guru
Heating here is on this evening but the radiators aren't even reaching body temperature to keep the house warm.

Yes I agree, lower temperature radiators and lowering temp controls are the best solution, the boiler will then run for longer at a lower output. Another bonus is that lower temp water creates less corrosion in the metal parts too.

Having a higher temperature dries out the air more, which isn't good for people with eczema or breathing problems.

So, a lower temp for a longer time period is probably best. :okay:

johnnyb47

Guru
Heating still off and the living room is at 19 c.
It's surprising how much heat the TV gives out. Putting my hand over the top of it I can feel the heat rising from the back through the vents.
Its an old LCD flat screen that's about 16 years old but it's huge at 47" screen.

Top Bottom