Central Scotland Forum August ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ said:
Jane if you had been there it would have been a different ride, there is no way we would have gone as fast. No one ever gets left behind, we would have looked after you. Just make sure you are on the next one :blush:

Sounds like you had a great ride, sorry I couldn't make it, just too many things to do. Are there any dates/plans for the next one?

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Interesting ride :sad:

- we arranged to start from Longniddry station - so no one came/returned by train :wacko:
- somehow, it seemed more downhill than uphill :smile:
- greyhounds at the front don't always go the right way ;)
I only had the camera phone and took just the one photo, most people didn't actually see this, just Major Mantra and me.
- HJ had knee problems and was at the back on the return to Embra :ohmy:
- tea, scones/cake at HJ's should be a permanent fixture :biggrin: .....
- .... but Mrs HJ was unable to join us :sad:
- Embra is heaving on a Sunday evening during the festival :ohmy:

Overall a good ride, good company, great to meet old and new friends from CC and some achieved mileage PBs without too much struggle :blush:

THanks HJ and (especially) Mrs HJ for the post ride hospitality and nice that we could return the favour of staying with the slowest rider ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scook94 said:
I had a blast today, another great route worth doing again and the weather held out for us too!

Highlight was definitely bagging my first 100k! ;)

Scones and cake were great even if it was difficult to get past MajorMantra (who had at least 5 visits that I counted! :blush: )

Jane, I don't think the distance would have been too much but possibly the journey back into town as it was quite busy with traffic (relatively speaking).

Thanks again to HJ and Mrs HJ for their hospitality and to Scoosh for letting me park outside his house and lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

BTW why did none of us have a camera?

Um someone did have a camera (must have been on his phone) there is a picture of a pub in "your ride today"...

I am told the MajorMantra also manage a reasonable amount of cake before the rest of us arrived... :sad: that said there was still almost half the Courgette & carrot cake left over! And a spare Ginger cake!!

There was very little traffic on the Longniddery to Longniddery section of the ride. I don't think Jane was ever going to be on the bit going to and from town, so she would have been fine. The only bit that was really busy traffic wise was one section going back to Ed and then we could have taken a less busy (if longer route) back to Musselbourgh... ;)

Ranger

I had a great ride too (it almost makes sitting at work now bearable). Does anyone have the final scores on the doors for distance/time, I forgot to ask before I had to bail out early and miss the tea and scones:angry:

MajorMantra

scook94 said:
Scones and cake were great even if it was difficult to get past MajorMantra (who had at least 5 visits that I counted! :blush: )

Notice how I also sat right next to the cake. :wacko:

scoosh said:
- greyhounds at the front don't always go the right way :sad:

I think you'll find the greyhounds went the right way (well, mostly) and everyone else missed the cycle route signs. ;)

HJ said:
I am told the MajorMantra also manage a reasonable amount of cake before the rest of us arrived... ;) that said there was still almost half the Courgette & carrot cake left over! And a spare Ginger cake!!

I would have had more but it seemed rude. :ohmy: Those were excellent comestibles - thank you Mrs HJ!!

By the way, having been out tonight for dinner my final mileage for the day was almost bang on 70. My legs are now made of this:

jello.jpg

Matthew

lazyfatgit

Ranger, from where I parked beyond charolette sqr, i've got 63.53, with an average of 13.23 and max of 39.9. This is adjusted because my sensor had moved and i had to sort it at waverley. The actual miles was probably just over 64.

I was delighted to do my second 100K this month, and felt not too bad on getting home, so think i've improved my feeding a good bit, but should have taken on more water.

Right knee a bit sorer now, and will probably be a bit stiff in the morning. Twinge in achilles/calf passed after a shower.

Unfortunately I'm famished (despite the wonderful cakes) and have just scoffed a pizza. but hey, think I recon today was a PB, so feel entiled to celebrate!!

Ranger

lazyfatgit said:
Ranger, from where I parked beyond charolette sqr, i've got 63.53, with an average of 13.23 and max of 39.9. This is adjusted because my sensor had moved and i had to sort it at waverley. The actual miles was probably just over 64.

I was delighted to do my second 100K this month, and felt not too bad on getting home, so think i've improved my feeding a good bit, but should have taken on more water.

Right knee a bit sorer now, and will probably be a bit stiff in the morning. Twinge in achilles/calf passed after a shower.

Unfortunately I'm famished (despite the wonderful cakes) and have just scoffed a pizza. but hey, think I recon today was a PB, so feel entiled to celebrate!!

Cheers, when I get home there is a bottle of wine and a WHOLE pack of cheese savouries waiting for me:biggrin: Unless the wife has found them

Top Bottom