Central Scotland Forum August ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
snorri said:
23 pages over 4 weeks to organise the August Forum outing.:sad:
I wonder how many pages they require to organise the Olympics?:angry::biggrin:
Hope you all have a good day loons and lasses.:smile:

Snorri this CycleChat we have to spend time discussing it...

In the end it was just the loons who went, the quines all wimped out...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Really great ride, even if I was struggling at the end. In true Central Scotland CC style no one was left behind and those at the back were encouraged all the way home. What was unusual was for me is that I was the one struggling rather than giving the encouragement, thanks guys I really appreciated the support. The worst of the cramps have subsided now that I have had a hot bath.

HJ said:
Really great ride, even if I was struggling at the end. In true Central Scotland CC style no one was left behind and those at the back were encouraged all the way home. What was unusual was for me is that I was the one struggling rather than giving the encouragement, thanks guys I really appreciated the support. The worst of the cramps have subsided now that I have had a hot bath.
Glad you are feeling better. Thank mrs HJ again that was a grand welcome :sad:

MrRidley

Yes a great ride, and i discovered two things today, i like scones with jam (thanks Mrs HJ) and i'm not that fast, but a superb run in good weather.

Good to hear it was a good ride today folks. Sorry I couldn't make it. I did have enough time for a 40 mile loop this morning, or at least I would have, had I not forgot my drinks (remembered after 3 miles so went back) had a puncture, and once repaired my tyre would not site right (and still doesn't:sad:).

My punishment for not making the CC ride perhaps. :sad:

scook94

Veteran
I had a blast today, another great route worth doing again and the weather held out for us too!

Highlight was definitely bagging my first 100k! :angry:

Scones and cake were great even if it was difficult to get past MajorMantra (who had at least 5 visits that I counted! :sad: )

Jane, I don't think the distance would have been too much but possibly the journey back into town as it was quite busy with traffic (relatively speaking).

Thanks again to HJ and Mrs HJ for their hospitality and to Scoosh for letting me park outside his house and lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

BTW why did none of us have a camera?

Jane Smart

The Queen
The busy traffic yes, would have been a problem for me. I did a wee 22 miler today, met a nice guy,who did 11 miles with me :sad:

Seamab

I greatly enjoyed the ride - always great to cycle new roads with good company. Many thanks to HJ & Mrs HJ for the superb scones and cakes and tea....tremendous

It was raining when i got home - so for once i got a dry ride and a nice 60m.

Nice as always to meet some of the other forum members.

I only had the camera phone and took just the one photo, most people didn't actually see this, just Major Mantra and me.
3871488918_8fe58d42bd.jpg

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Jane Smart said:
OMG if HJ was struggling I am SO GLAD something came up that I could not manage :angry:

Jane if you had been there it would have been a different ride, there is no way we would have gone as fast. No one ever gets left behind, we would have looked after you. Just make sure you are on the next one :sad:

Top Bottom