Central Scotland Forum August ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ranger said:
1030 at Waverley for me but I may get the train back from Longniddry as I have never done this sort of distance before and am not sure if the legs will take it
Might be worth considering taking the train down to long niddery too ?? Don't want to exhaust you before the ride even starts ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
I think I will join at Longniddery then cycle back, as someone has to show you lot where to get the scones...
Jersey Relay knowledge .... it's a fine thing [ribs tummy] ;)

Ranger

scoosh said:
Might be worth considering taking the train down to long niddery too ?? Don't want to exhaust you before the ride even starts ;)

Trouble is as I will probably use the train I have a 90 minute wait at Waverley to get to Longnnidry so thought I may as well cycle. If I miss the scones it will all be part of the weight loss programme, well that and the fact I am at work at 8:30 tomorrow night as wellxx(

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Right, taking into account your means of transport (train/car/bike or any combination of them) is there anyone who is unable to get to L'niddry for the original meeting time of 1100 ??

If you are doing the train/cycle from Waverley (15 miles) can you still get to the 1100 meeting time ?

MrRidley

scoosh said:
Right, taking into account your means of transport (train/car/bike or any combination of them) is there anyone who is unable to get to L'niddry for the original meeting time of 1100 ??

If you are doing the train/cycle from Waverley (15 miles) can you still get to the 1100 meeting time ?

As long as someone is there to meet me/us and show us the way, i,ll give it a go.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hello, I joined CC yesterday :tongue:

following the invite by Scoosh (thanks :o) in the "Welcome" sub-forum (?), may I join you from Longniddry? I'll take the train, so either 11:00 or 11:30 is fine with me.

I'll catch the train back from North Berwick, as I've promised to do something else later tomorrow, nothing to do with the predicted westerlies :evil:. Looking forward

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
Hello, I joined CC yesterday :tongue:

following the invite by Scoosh (thanks :o) in the "Welcome" sub-forum (?), may I join you from Longniddry? I'll take the train, so either 11:00 or 11:30 is fine with me.

I'll catch the train back from North Berwick, as I've promised to do something else later tomorrow, nothing to do with the predicted westerlies :evil:. Looking forward

T
Great - we look forward to seeing you and meeting you there - if we can ever get organised :ohmy:

Any time suits me if somebody can say. Is anybody going to be at Waverley with a better knowledge of Edinburgh than me. We could follow my club run route to Longniddry, through Hollyrood Park and down Milton Road to Mussellburgh, by Fisherrow Harbour and along the coast to Longniddry.

lazyfatgit

BJ and LFG will be at waverley by 10 at the latest, unless i get totally lost.

Is parking on george st/st andrews sqr possible, or should i just go straight for the car park at castle terrace?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
lazyfatgit said:
BJ and LFG will be at waverley by 10 at the latest, unless i get totally lost.

Is parking on george st/st andrews sqr possible, or should i just go straight for the car park at castle terrace?

Parking should be free on a Sunday...

Top Bottom