Central Scotland Forum August ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
I'm oncall this weekend so wouldn't be able to guarantee being available :biggrin:

A likely story! :sad:

I'll need to check my diary (i.e. my wife) but I'm not available on Sundays (working) ;).

Of course, this morning, on the news they were suggesting the weather in August wasn't going to be the best.....

scook94

Veteran
Touche said:
My diary told me that the 16th is OK when Iasked her last night.

!6th doesn't appear too popular at the moment. Run away leader at the moment seems to be Sunday 30th as all 8 people who filled in Doodle are available that day. There's still a lot of people missing on Doodle though, so it may change....

TechMech

I quite liked the sound of the two that Seamab suggested in the last thread:

Seamab said:
A couple of options possibly for the future might be as follows - both starting and ending at Auchterarder (Gleneagles rail station)

1. Auchterarder - Braco - Comrie - Crieff - Auchterarder

Distance approx 40m. All quiet B roads or more minor. Lots of places to stop if req'd. Hills - a reasonable but not steep climb out of Braco followed by a huge downhill run to Comrie. A couple of short but not too steep climbs near the end coming up from the River Earn to Auchterarder.

Parking available in Auchterarder but immediate access out of rail station must be on foot until the slip road from the A9 as the road out of the rail station leads straight onto the dual carriageway.

This ride can also be from Dunblane but would be nearer 50 miles.

2. Auchterarder - Dunning - Ardargie - Rhynd - Bridge of Earn - Dunning - Auchterarder

Again just about 40 miles on quiet undulating roads. A couple of short hills. Great views along the Tay towards Dundee at Rhynd (possible diversion to Elcho Castle). Farm shop just outside Bridge of Earn. Various pubs, cafes, Spar's etc... at B of Earn/Dunning/Auchterarder

This ride could also start/finish from Perth missing out Auchterarder and turning back towards Perth at Dunning.

It could also incorporate a "serious" climb diversion up to Path of Condie with a super fast descent to Dunning for anyone that fancied it - but would not be suitable for all.

I can map these routes if there is any interest. If the ride is early August then i can't make it, but they might be future possibilities?

I was going to add a route out of Alloa as it has an Asda car park and a new rail station right next to each other but there would be a busy stretch of road to negotiate to get in/out of town which might be off putting for some.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I bet he's left us with a couple of gruelling challenges knowing full well he'll be on his hols when we attempt them!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
I bet he's left us with a couple of gruelling challenges knowing full well he'll be on his hols when we attempt them!
I think for seamab, anything less than the Radar Ride ..... :sad:

is just right ;)

Top Bottom