Central Scotland Forum August ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
HJ

Some of us have Pfs in Sep, someting for the end of Aug perhaps? If people were willing to travel I could to put together a 35 - 40 miler around NE East Fife. Might even manage a coffee stop as well.

scook94

Veteran
As per Doodle all 10 people who bothered to update are available on Sunday 30th August.
I therefore propose that as the date for the next Central Scotland ride.

ACS

Legendary Member
GordyFaeEdinburgh said:
Are these things just for roadie folk or could I cling to the back of the group on an MTB with slicks? Not that I need a nursemaid - if I fall behind I can find my own way.

Will not happen no one get left behind, not even me :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scook94 said:
As per Doodle all 10 people who bothered to update are available on Sunday 30th August.
I therefore propose that as the date for the next Central Scotland ride.

OK so that is the date set, how about a route...

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
GordyFaeEdinburgh said:
Are these things just for roadie folk or could I cling to the back of the group on an MTB with slicks? Not that I need a nursemaid - if I fall behind I can find my own way.

I'm no roadie so you won't look out of place! So the 30th of Aug but no routes?!

scook94

Veteran
I'm happy for any route as I can take the bike on the car roof. Is there anything over Edinburgh way that would be suitable?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
From 'Phillips Cycle Tours Round Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders' - Nick Cotton, page 48 - 53 but starting and finishing in LONGNIDDRY station (or North Berwick if preferred). It's 48km (30m), described as "Easy - rolling arable land with sea views, near to Edinburgh. Total height gain 230m (770ft)".

It is mainly on road, mostly quiet backroads, with the last 6km on an NCN old railway cyclepath, which is fine for road bikes - I road it last week.

Someone more capable than I can check it but try this and see if it works. :biggrin:

Top Bottom