Central Scotland May Ride

Route preference

• Falkirk 1 (36.6km)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Falkrik 2 (42km and a bit more challenging)

• Trossachs (60km no big climbs)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Did you manage to get this route done? How were the hills?

Didn't manage it, ended up gardening on Saturday followed by a walk up through Chartershall and back round to Bannockburn. Today I had to go into work for a few hours to finish a presentation and got caught out in the heavy shower on the way there, just missed it on the way back. I made it home in record time trying to avoid the impending rain, sub 16 mins from Riverside back to Bannockburn.

I'm still planning on doing the route round Carron Reservoir, maybe next weekend if the weather man's kind though there is still the small matter of cutting hedges, weeding etc... etc... etc... :smile:

scook94

Veteran
Too bad. I tried the North Third reservoir again on Friday, but the hills are still too much for me so did my usual trip up to Dunblane out past Deanston and back through Thornhill on Saturday. Weather was awful today so I ended up going down to Largs where the weather was glorious, no cycling though!

ACS

Legendary Member
Weather, bl00dy weather, outwards yesterday 12 miles from home, blue sky, 13.5 miles from home, grey skies, make the turn and started the sprint for home (yeah right!!!!), 11 miles soaked to the skin.

Today, 10 miles on my way out, sunshine, stop to adjust a cleat and the sun disappears behind the biggest grey storm cloud, clap of thunder, soaked to the skin and all I was worried about was my Brooks getting wet.:smile:

Got home poured the water out of my shoes, had to strip at the back door because the SWMBO would not let me dripping wet .:smile:

Oh the joys of cycling training during a Scottish summer.:smile:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Too bad. I tried the North Third reservoir again on Friday, but the hills are still too much for me so did my usual trip up to Dunblane out past Deanston and back through Thornhill on Saturday. Weather was awful today so I ended up going down to Largs where the weather was glorious, no cycling though!

I managed North Third with one stop last time I did it, didn't push the bike though which please me, then went down to Carron Bridge and back to Bannockburn via Denny. It's uphill all the way from Denny back to home, or at least it seemed so at the time. I've fallen way behind on my monthly total, not been out on the weekends at all so it's just commuting miles for me at the moment so I've been trying to vary my commute by going in past Causewayhead, only managed it a couple of days so far due to being busy at work. Must try harder this week! Is your bike quite highly geared, ie. a double (check out the roadie lingo, I have learned something from cyclechat!)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
satans budgie said:
Oh the joys of cycling training during a Scottish summer.:smile:

I ended up using a fan heater at work today to dry my shoes and socks, lovely and toasty by the time I had put them on to come home!

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
I managed North Third with one stop last time I did it, didn't push the bike though which please me, then went down to Carron Bridge and back to Bannockburn via Denny. It's uphill all the way from Denny back to home, or at least it seemed so at the time. I've fallen way behind on my monthly total, not been out on the weekends at all so it's just commuting miles for me at the moment so I've been trying to vary my commute by going in past Causewayhead, only managed it a couple of days so far due to being busy at work. Must try harder this week! Is your bike quite highly geared, ie. a double (check out the roadie lingo, I have learned something from cyclechat!)

Yeah, it's a compact double (50x34). Does that make it harder to do hills on? Oh well, as long as it doesn't kill me it can only make me stronger, right? ;)

Top Bottom