Central Scotland May Ride

Route preference

• Falkirk 1 (36.6km)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Falkrik 2 (42km and a bit more challenging)

• Trossachs (60km no big climbs)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

OK enough of the chit chat, when are we having the next run? is it this weekend :blush: i vote for a tour of the campsie's with a short jaunt up the crow road and then we could maybe try the tak me doon :smile:

bhoyjim said:
OK enough of the chit chat, when are we having the next run? is it this weekend :blush: i vote for a tour of the campsie's with a short jaunt up the crow road and then we could maybe try the tak me doon :smile:

Hey, no joking, I'm planning something along those lines for a training run. I don't want any slow pokes holding me up though! :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
bhoyjim said:

Only if it involves surfing a ford at 40 mph :biggrin:

I'm doing my first audax out of Kirriemuir this weekend. Ok its only 100km and includes 2 tea stops. Anyone fancy getting lost with me?

MrRidley

I'm doing my first audax out of Kirriemuir this weekend. Ok its only 100km and includes 2 tea stops. Anyone fancy getting lost with me?[/quote]

As much as i would love to try one of these it's just a bit far from me.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bhoyjim said:
OK enough of the chit chat, when are we having the next run? is it this weekend :smile: i vote for a tour of the campsie's with a short jaunt up the crow road and then we could maybe try the tak me doon :hello:

Good idea, why not start a new thread, something with an imaginative name, oh something like Central Scotland June Ride :smile:

I would like to get out and do another ride, but June is filling up quickly...

cannondale boy

Über Member
Hairy Jock said:
Good idea, why not start a new thread, something with an imaginative name, oh something like Central Scotland June Ride :smile:

I would like to get out and do another ride, but June is filling up quickly...

To true HJ, i say make it at the end of july, i'll be happy to hop along to another cycle chat day outing :smile:.

Maybe a different location as much as i enjoyed the views and the pub (yeah not forgetting the toilets lol). Any suggestions of a similar scenic route like before?

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Is there any movement on the next ride? I'm determined to make one but new-parenthood and holidays take up vast quantities of time so the earlier we decide the better. The voting of options for the last route was a good idea, maybe someone withe more nous than I can set it up again. Can we suggest some routes? Carron Valley would be a good ride, nice and quiet and good access from Glas/Edin/Perth (and right near my gaff!). It could maybe incorporate the infamous Crow Road...

If your looking for a wee bit of a challenge (i.e a wee hill) you could always come over my way and do one of my training runs (at a slower pace of course! :biggrin:)

How about one of these

Crow Road loop (40 miles) although we could take a slightly quieter road at the start to get us to Strathblane. Nice view from the viewpoint on Crow Road.

Tak Ma Doon Route (50 miles) again I would take the quieter road at the start. Again, quite a nice view.

Or are these just too hilly? :biggrin:

For those from outside Glasgow you would need to get a train to Queen Street and then a low level train to Anniesland. You'd get to see some of my commuting sights as well. We could even do a tour of Anniesland Cross! :laugh:

I've planned a route (not done it yet) which takes in both Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon. I have a feeling that might be pushing it a wee bit too much :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
magnatom said:
I've planned a route (not done it yet) which takes in both Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon. I have a feeling that might be pushing it a wee bit too much :becool:

I had drawn this, it looked good until I looked at the elevation profile! I think that's beyond me, being a fatty on a hybrid.

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
I had drawn this, it looked good until I looked at the elevation profile! I think that's beyond me, being a fatty on a hybrid.

Best thing would be to try it on your own, that way if you have to get off and walk no one on here will be any the wiser and you can politely decline if it's going to be the next CC ride... :sad:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Best thing would be to try it on your own, that way if you have to get off and walk no one on here will be any the wiser and you can politely decline if it's going to be the next CC ride... ;)

I'm planning on doing this at the weekend if the weather's fine, it'll be a good warm-up for the next CC ride, though it might have to wait according to the widget on my dashboard - rain Sat and Sunday! :wacko:

Looks like it would be a nice cycle with a nice challenging hill. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather.

I'm off work from Thursday onwards (kids birthdays on Thursday and Monday (2 and 4!) so I have some flexibility on which days I ride, but I need to get some miles in before the Ton on the 21st. I'll need to try and get up to the Dukes Pass at some point. I don't like surprises!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
magnatom said:
I'll need to try and get up to the Dukes Pass at some point. I don't like surprises!

The Duke's Pass is fine, quite a quick road; I've ridden it on a motorbike many times.... :smile:

It'd kill me on a bike though!

Top Bottom