Central Scotland May Ride

Route preference

• Falkirk 1 (36.6km)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Falkrik 2 (42km and a bit more challenging)

• Trossachs (60km no big climbs)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
What a good great day out, the route was pleasant untill we got before the pub when i heard lots of pops, i was going so slow i was right behind the group scared that i would break a spoke, or even get a p*******.

Thanks to HLABS navigation skills :biggrin: we decided to scale a very steep hill...once at the top HJ and HLAB said "never seen this place before". Before long we were back down the hill, which was more fun than going up it!

Arriving at the pub to take mug shots it took LasyFatGit twice to get into the picture. Yes magna i was very impressed with the bogs...but really how many pubs supply hand cream, aftershave, and deodrant, but there is a price to pay of which we all paid for (quite literally). Cheers for the drink magna :biggrin: did you get lucky with the waitress...as magna said at the table "i think i've pulled".

After leaving the pub, my heart must of stopped, :smile: no reading on the comp, very strange? Oh well must of been dead on the second half of the journey!

Close encounters of the magna kind, happened when a tour of nissan 350z's past us, and near enough clipped magna, missing him by a mere hands length, the cheek of them :biggrin:

We thought Scoosh had fallen over but he just clipped the side of the grass. Average speed 14.7 mph, 42 miles(i think), max 32.

Thanks to everyone and satans budgie for giving me a lift cheers :biggrin:.

Oi I said ' we've pulled'!:biggrin:

I forgot about the close pass. I seem to attract them!

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
TechMech said:
You can guess where this was:

HJ: I don't remember cycling up this hill the last time I came this way? :biggrin:

Different navigator the first time I did it...

HLaB said:
Make it a Ton and I'll be there :biggrin:

So you are taking the GPS then... :biggrin:

cannondale boy said:
What a good great day out, the route was pleasant untill we got before the pub when i heard lots of pops, i was going so slow i was right behind the group scared that i would break a spoke, or even get a p*******.

Yer big jessy...

I wonder why I had wait so long at the gate... :smile:;)

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scook94 said:
So where and when is the next one?

Good question, there are still a couple of routes at the start of this thread we haven't done or we could try something else. Come on Mags where the moodle?? We need to sort out a date...

ACS

Legendary Member
TechMech said:
I think he was kidding guys, as that's the day of the Trossachs Ton!

Trossachs Ton or holiday in the sun, sufficent beer to sink the Navy, Crow Road, chewing on the stem, certain death if I cancel, lets me think........ermmmmm

lazyfatgit said:
Here are the slightly dodgy atempt at a group pic with the jersey.
Notice how in both photos Satans Budgie is reacting to the smell of the 'friedly' shirt. Who was it that wore it last? :ohmy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You mean it has been WORN ? :smile:

Actually, when I first heard about a 'jersey relay', I thought it was worn by each courier - then wondered why the sigs didn't get smudged/washed out. Duh. :biggrin:

Though I'm sure I read about a jersey relay where the jersey wasn't being signed but was being warn worn. :blush:

ACS

Legendary Member
In fact Mags was trying to nick my beer chits from my jersey pocket, well I hope that is what he was trying to do... what reaction do you expect? :smile:

No doubt Mags will be along very soon with his protestations of innocence but we all know .............
:blush:

Top Bottom