Chain Cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

BentMikey said:
You need to do the Sheldon Shake. There is no better way of cleaning a chain properly (basically take the chain off, put it in a plastic coke bottle with solvent, shake it, and completely clean it).

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/chains.html

I use a plastic takeaway container - half fill with "muc-off" put the lid on, shake, then remove the chain after 30 minutes. Gets it sparkly clean.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
mickle said:
Walk towards the light Bentmikey, walk towards the light.....
You’ll not get him to do that. He’ll think its you wearing hi-viz!:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL!!! Do you mean the teflon type lubes, mickle? I've used RocknRoll Gold and Purple Extreme for a while, but they have their own disadvantages.

PrettyboyTim

BentMikey said:
All chains will be dirty sooner or later. Sheldon is the grand master after all.

Is this going to end up with some kind of fight between Sheldon and Mickle? Mickle as Darth, Sheldon as Obi Wan, fighting with a pair of track pumps?

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Is this going to end up with some kind of fight between Sheldon and Mickle? Mickle as Darth, Sheldon as Obi Wan, fighting with a pair of track pumps?

Only after they've been round to clean my chain, then I'll happily umpire:biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gambatte said:
May the forks be with you....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mines the parka!

Taxi for Mr gambatte...

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Wonder what they're like, fully loaded? How far could you go and at what cruising speed?

Plenty of space for the shopping......

gambatte said:
Wonder what they're like, fully loaded? How far could you go and at what cruising speed?

We've got one which we use mainly for schools roadshows, they are incredibly tough, very heavy and slow uphill even unladen. Down the other side they're a blast!

Top Bottom