Chain issues and damaged spokes

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, was thinking same. Either his triban is a fake or Jaz is a mechanical troubles magnet :unsure:

Or the Fairies are involved?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuOE-UTZnvHIh1hDEr1WvnlClSRuTSCJ5KrUatftC-P-jPVL1U.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Jazloc was this the shop in neilson road ??

That's the one.

ianjmcd

Über Member
i tried to warn you off those muppets thomsons is the best shop in the town dooleys is not bad but to me thomsons are the best for advice and are great to deal with

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

i tried to warn you off those muppets thomsons is the best shop in the town dooleys is not bad but to me thomsons are the best for advice and are great to deal with

I'd never had a bad experience with this up until now and I had been using them for a year. I've only used Thomsons once and they were quite a bit more expensive

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

you get what you pay for sadly i could have fixed yer rear derailleur for you if i had known

It's still not fixed, I've been avoiding using my two highest gears.

Recently I found our premium lbs did a spoke change and true for 7 quid, I almost fell over, I expected much more. A while back a different shop charged me 4 quid per spoke just for parts to fix myself... It varies a hell of a lot it seems, both in value and service.

I can beat that. I once had a front brake overhaul on my motorcycle. Labour was at least £50 per hour and it took a while. However I was told they needed a new seal which they didnt have in stock and to come back a few days later and pay then. I came back a few days later and they charged me about £8 for what I was expecting to cost well over £100.

As for OPs case I definitely think one of the limit screws must have been way out. Easy fix but it seems potentially nasty consequences.

Top Bottom