Chain issues and damaged spokes

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Got my bike bag from the shop today and I'm not too happy. I was charged £17 for two new spokes, one of which is silver (and the rest are black). I'd be fine with that but he also said he would look at the hi and lo adjustments on my derailleur and on the way home with the bike, the chain did the exact same thing again while shifting up and it jammed itself between the cassette and wheel. Luckily my spokes aren't broken but they are scratched.

I'm not pleased with the work that's been done so I'm going to send them an email. I like this bike shop so I don't want to be rude but I'm just not satisfied.

adamhearn

Veteran
What reason did they give you for the wrong colour spoke? As for not setting up your derailleur, assuming you asked them to attend to it, they sound like a shop to avoid!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

What reason did they give you for the wrong colour spoke? As for not setting up your derailleur, assuming you asked them to attend to it, they sound like a shop to avoid!

They didn't give me a reason, I didn't actually see that two of them were silver until I got home. The guy told me that "We'll fit a new spoke, true your wheel and have a look at your derailleurs high and low adjustments" - I'd assumed that "having a look at it" would mean that he would fix it, apparently not.

zizou

Veteran
If the bike shop is close by best off just taking it in tomorrow rather than emailing them...my experience of bike shops (even otherwise good ones) replying to emails or doing things like phoning you when they say they will is pretty awful!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Not pleased with the bike shop. Took the bike in today and the guy who 'fixed' it wasn't in, the other guy said that "£17 wouldn't get your gears fixed. If you want, bring the bike in tomorrow and we'll do your gears for another £15".

As if... not going back there again.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I don't think that would be the best material to make a spoke out of. :thumbsup:
Hmmm, you may have a point. Gold is quite weak so you'd have to make the spokes really quite thick. I'm sure that the diamond encrustation will add extra rigidity. And pazaz.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Hmmm, you may have a point. Gold is quite weak so you'd have to make the spokes really quite thick. I'm sure that the diamond encrustation will add extra rigidity. And pazaz.

Kind of like vajazzle, but on a bike.
Bijazzle?

adamhearn

Veteran
Not pleased with the bike shop. Took the bike in today and the guy who 'fixed' it wasn't in, the other guy said that "£17 wouldn't get your gears fixed. If you want, bring the bike in tomorrow and we'll do your gears for another £15".

As if... not going back there again.
Name and shame! And yes, avoid them in the future - they/he may have had an off day but to offer that as a response sadly shows their colours.

Andrew Brown

Poor customer service indeed, as far as I'm concerned any shop that gives back chat or belittles a customer deserves to be named, shamed and avoided by all.

Top Bottom