Chain jammed help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterD

Come on guys -- seems like everyone is trying to get the record for the longest thread on this forum... I'm bored :angry:

Fridge freezers aren't designed to be easily serviceable by a home mechanic though. Bikes are.

Bicycles are not 'designed to be serviceable by a home mechanic' though. You might think they are because you are one of the minority of the population who have the practical skills to do so, but they're not.

Or perhaps you'd like to explain the existence, nay the shortage, of professional bicycle mechanics.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Bicycles are not 'designed to be serviceable by a home mechanic' though. You might think they are because you are one of the minority of the population who have the practical skills to do so, but they're not.

Or perhaps you'd like to explain the existence, nay the shortage, of professional bicycle mechanics.

Could it be because too many people do their own maintenance?

Could it be because too many people do their own maintenance?

You think there is a national shortage of qualified cycle mechanics because too many people are doing their own maintenance?

Wouldn't it be the other way around? If everyone was doing their own maintenance then the cycle mechanics would all be standing around twiddling their thunbs.

A shortage of cycle mechanics suggests to me that very few people do their own mechanics - a fact borne out by a glance at any of the bikes wheeled into your local bike shop's workshop every day of the week.

Thank **** for that I thought it was me being a div! :biggrin:

Top Bottom