Chain performance system ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're fibbing, it's been done over the years before, with varying degrees of success. I can't see how it's 150 nicker better than manually lubing the chain now and again.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
yes I have memories of something called the scotoiler or something.

Had the impression that it was only partially successful at best.

I think it dated from well before the days of "marginal gains"/shaving your pubes off etc.

The "actual" price of that thing Drago is of course a whopping £250. I've paid well under that for some nice bikes.

Last edited:

freiston

Veteran
What utter tosh!

"By automatically lubricating the chain while riding it gives you a performance gain of up to 12 Watts at the wheel"

"• Power Gains of up to 12 watts - a figure which increases the longer the duration of the ride" [how can a value described as "up to" also be described as "which increases"?]
"Significantly Cleaner Transmission"

Drago

Legendary Member
Wasn't that for motorbikes?

They did a bicycle one too. Typical Scottoiler prices, so they sold only 1, and then binned the idea. Even on motorbikes many folk still just attach a baby bottle or similar in an inverted position over the chain.

si_c

Guru
An expensive way of spraying excessive oil up the inside of your leg.

Indeed, plus I'm wondering what the performance loss of a permanently sticky chain picking up all of the crap off the road is. I'm not really sure that this works better than say, just wiping the chain and relubricating it as needed.

I like how their blurb quotes "world tour team technical director", without providing further information like a name or a complete sentence. Almost like they are lying.

Top Bottom