Chain performance system ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
yes I have memories of something called the scotoiler or something.

Had the impression that it was only partially successful at best.

I think it dated from well before the days of "marginal gains"/shaving your pubes off etc.

The "actual" price of that thing Drago is of course a whopping £250. I've paid well under that for some nice bikes.[/QUOTE

Had a Scotoiler on my Kawasaki G T 1200cc , Very effective in keeping the chain well lubricated and prolonging the life of the chain . Wouldn’t bother on a bike given the cost of the unit versus the price of chains

Don’t know what the price of m/c chains are now but back in the day the Scotoiler was efficient in prolonging the life of the chain and rear sprocket

Would it be useful when touring?

Globalti

Legendary Member
My World Team Technical Director studying hydraulic flow, yesterday:

20140130_213412.jpg

MiK1138

Veteran
Indeed, plus I'm wondering what the performance loss of a permanently sticky chain picking up all of the crap off the road is. I'm not really sure that this works better than say, just wiping the chain and relubricating it as needed.

I like how their blurb quotes "world tour team technical director", without providing further information like a name or a complete sentence. Almost like they are lying.
There will be an add on along soon" " ExcessaGON " these super lightweight micro fibre brushes will gently wick away excess oil gaining you another 2.5 watts on even the toughest ride"

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The professor they quote from Edinburgh Napier University does have a long CV of cycling research.
But it does look nonsensical.

Top Bottom