Chain ring wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
Spa do an excellent range of replacement rings. Surely that's easier and more cost effective?
I'll have a look now at spa. Been trying to find both (36 and 46) just through general googling but is a bewildering choice without ever being quite right so far.

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
The 120 bcd seems to be the real problem when it comes to replacing individual chainrings. Very limited range.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There's not much wear on either rings. Shimano teeth are like that to aid gear shifting. It does confuse a lot of people. If the rings were worn then the teeth look more shark tooth like.

That's what I was looking at and quite of few of them are not far off sharking, looking at that pic

KneesUp

Guru
The 120 bcd seems to be the real problem when it comes to replacing individual chainrings. Very limited range.
Ah. I see the problem.

Is the proposed replacement also 120 bcd? I'd be tempted to get a replacement with a bcd you can get spare for!

Ajax Bay

Guru
Bit surprised your chainset has 120mm BCD. Suspect the Spa Cycles guy was too.
ETA:
I'd be tempted to get a replacement with a bcd you can get spare for!
This.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
I'd check the teeth on the 36t chainring, just because the 46 is worn doesn't mean that the inner ring is also worn to the same degree - especially if like me you spend the majority of your time in the big ring.

Tredz are pretty good with chainrings for FSA, they have 120 bcd rings in stock.

Top Bottom