Chainless bike - why do people bother?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
its two wheeled unicycle!

The riding position is absolutely atrocious, the angle that the feet are placed on the pedals throws your main body weight forward onto the handlebars.
This will result in muscular skeletal disorders in the shoulders, wrists and upper back. And there's a good chance of lower back problems as a result of trying to sit more upright. The very least you'll get "pins and needles" in your hands.

Big John

Guru
If the video was supposed to sell it - it didn't. It succeeded in making the bike look unstable unless you happen to be a trick cyclist in a circus. Maybe I've become 'institutionalised' but I'll stick with a chain. I quite like my bike as it is.

Drago

Legendary Member
The lady riding it in the video had her shoulders folded back. Atrocious riding position. Some times there's a good reason something hasn't already come to market...

I have watched the video, and I am out.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My chainless bike is awesome
View attachment 346931

I have still not forgiven you for beating me to that, I am also waiting for you to sell it.

Me?....nope its a district...Mint condition from a trek employee, couldn't believe @Milkfloat didn't outbid me!! (especially as it was @Milkfloat that told me about it!!!!)

I think it was @CarlP that told you about it, I was looking at it separately, then lost track of time. You might have a bidding war if you sell.

Oi! I'm first in line for that bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
I could only ride it stark b***** naked because of the weight limit, and the Magistrate told me if I did it again I'd be thrown out of the Lodge.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom