Chamois creme- which to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My pot of Assos sits next to a quite similarly packaged pot of Sudocrem.

I used to have a big pot of red hot muscle rub, was like deep heat x1000, used it on the groin before football and it made me cry.
 

Attachments

  • cramer-red-hot-1-lb-11.jpg
    cramer-red-hot-1-lb-11.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yeah. I googled udder cream after I discovered what I'd unintentionally bought and found out it is 'thing'. This is agricultural strength though - but as I'm not planning on any more kids the bawbag here is just a bag of gristle. Can't do any harm.

As an ex dairy farmer, I can tell you udder cream is excellent stuff.
 

Sharky

Legendary Member
Location
Kent
Late convert to using chamois creme(muc off luxury) and highly recommend it.

I used chamois creme in the late sixties when shorts had real chamois leather inserts. Never got real benefits and was messy.

Then I just relied on the padding, dry for comfort, but never perfect.

This year, I'm using muc off and on my second tub. Using it very liberally, all over my bum and bits and it keeps everything in place and is very comfortable.
 

Pblakeney

Über Member
My pot of Assos sits next to a quite similarly packaged pot of Sudocrem.

I tried Sudocrem once. Must say that it did as good a job but is really, really messy. Never again.
On the other hand, I forgot to pack my Assos cream for one cycling holiday and didn't notice a difference. It's still in a drawer years later.
 
I used to use Muc off (Mrs W loves the smell 🤷) but as it's so expensive now I've changed to using Battles udder cream, £14 for a 1kg tub and just as good as Muc off as far as I'm concerned, I really can't tell the difference.
Mrs W is not so happy as she doesn't get her thrice weekly Muc off fix when I go out on a ride, so she buys me a tube every now and then!
 

Bristolian

Über Member
Location
Bristol, UK
I'm reluctant to admit but I use female specific :ohmy: chamois butter from Amazon. I don't actually use it on my posterior but it's fantastic at stopping chaffing around the groin area and belly folds. It smells nice too :laugh::okay:


chamois buttr.jpg
 

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I used to use Muc off (Mrs W loves the smell 🤷) but as it's so expensive now I've changed to using Battles udder cream, £14 for a 1kg tub and just as good as Muc off as far as I'm concerned, I really can't tell the difference.
Mrs W is not so happy as she doesn't get her thrice weekly Muc off fix when I go out on a ride, so she buys me a tube every now and then!

Just Googled the Battles. This really is actually for Cattle 😳😳😳😳

IMG_5721.jpeg
 
Just Googled the Battles. This really is actually for Cattle 😳😳😳😳

View attachment 818765

Yeah I know, keeps their udders nice and soft! I picked it up from a youtuber who was fed up with paying extortionate amounts for chamois cream, gave it a long term trial and thought it was just as good as the 'real thing' only a lot cheaper.
If you read the reviews a lot of people use it for skin conditions like eczema, I personally also use it on my legs in winter as the cold weather seems to dry them out and makes them itchy, this helps a lot.
I've probably been using this for a year or so now and no side effects so far, although I do sometimes get a yearning to eat grass 🤷
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
I find the need to use equates to distance of a ride so never touch the stuff for shorter rides
Then again when I finally get out on my new bike I might just use some as I'm not sure how I am going to get on with the saddle.
 

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I find the need to use equates to distance of a ride so never touch the stuff for shorter rides
Then again when I finally get out on my new bike I might just use some as I'm not sure how I am going to get on with the saddle.

I normally use Chamois Butt’r on longer rides only. But commuting in that heat during the week - I had a minor irritation.

So used a little on this mornings approx 30 mile / 2 hour ride and it soon sorted it out.

I’m now thinking any ride serious enough for me to don Bib-shorts - is serious enough to need some protection…..
 
Top Bottom