Change of tactics for winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

shorter rides = faster rides (Hiit) ... try smash your previous Strava records .... thats what I will be doing, plus I will start running again in the evenings from the beginning of November

saturdays and sundays will be longer rides (4-5hr rides) weather (and wife) permitting (I also have a Surly LHT which is my winter bike and if it's wet, I will use this .... not fast, but it's heavy and will keep me fit especially if I do high cadence)

hoping to get a Zwift setup for next winter though (on my wishlist, but expensive and will most probably only be able to afford a decent setup in June next year)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Your first two responses were purely dismissive, not a contribution at all. Someone wanted to discuss something, and you told them it was pointless. @User9609 was quite right.

My big issue when winter riding is I'm cold at the start, so I load up with good winter clothes, then within 10 miles I'm roasting so have to take half of it off and carry it...#clothinghassles.
Clearly I was right about the wrong side of bed zzz
No, not at all dismissive.
No not suggesting it was a pointless question either, curious about the motivation behind it.

Do try harder or put me on ignore, it would be much easier for you.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Clearly I was right about the wrong side of bed zzz
No, not at all dismissive.
No not suggesting it was a pointless question either, curious about the motivation behind it.

Do try harder or put me on ignore, it would be much easier for you.

Yes, very dismissive. You might not have written with that intention but it certainly read that way. Twice. Pretty clear judging by the reaction you got.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes, very dismissive. You might not have written with that intention but it certainly read that way. Twice. Pretty clear judging by the reaction you got.
The reaction I got? I think many seemed to get the point. Oh well, I'll take my 4 likes for it and bank them and let history be the judge. Sorry to dare to challenge your thought processes.
As you were.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
The reaction I got? I think many seemed to get the point. Oh well, I'll take my 4 likes for it and bank them and let history be the judge. Sorry to dare to challenge your thought processes.
As you were.
If number of likes is the way to settle these things..... I got 8 for my challenge to your first "does it matter" post.
Nah nah bliddy nah.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 4514674, member: 259"]Triple flipping yuck, I wouldn't be able to stand that.In winter I'm commuting for 20 miles a day and I doubt I'd be allowed in the office at all if I held out that long.:stop:[/QUOTE]
Clean shorts , base layer and jersey every day for commuting , arm+ legwarmers last a week and i work in a smelly sweaty enviroment where i smell cleaner when i get off my bike than after a shift at work.

Top Bottom