Changed my mind.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not many manufacturers do a lifetime warranty other than Spesh and Trek. Only worry if splashing lots and lots on a frame. If it's run of the mill then don't worry.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Giants are good, buy buy buy.

Good bikes but zero style (with a few exceptions). Considering they make so many bikes for other brands being one of the two largest bike manufacturers in the world, they seem to take no style queues from the manufacturing work that passes through their manufacturing plants!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well what is it then?
The Giant. After careful consideration, the Giant gives me all I need and as it is a compact, I will have the best of both worlds as my present Specialized is a triple. The Giant all has a 12/32 cassette which should be useful for the dreaded hills. It is also cheaper than the other two, so some money left in the bank.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Giant. After careful consideration, the Giant gives me all I need and as it is a compact, I will have the best of both worlds as my present Specialized is a triple. The Giant all has a 12/32 cassette which should be useful for the dreaded hills. It is also cheaper than the other two, so some money left in the bank.

Good stuff... much better colour I bet too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Gone and done it. Ordered my Defy 4 this morning and got a good deal with it. Should have it on Friday or Saturday.
Retail price was £599, and got bike, new spd pedals fitted, new All conditions Armadello tyres instead of stock ones and a new jersey ( worth £40) , all for £600. Happy chap. Will post picture when I get it.

Top Bottom