Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Upside own every time

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • Upside down only if I can protect the hoods /grips

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Doesn't happen as I use slimes or equivalent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
4 pages - all banter.

We need to get serious and bicker. COME ON!!:ninja:

potsy

Rambler
Surely it's just the fashionistas and ocd'ers that wouldn't turn their bikes upside down?
No offence Ian and Fossy :whistle:

I get confused when I try to put the back wheel in with the bike the right way up :scratch:

HovR

Über Member
Surely it's just the fashionistas and ocd'ers that wouldn't turn their bikes upside down?
No offence Ian and Fossy :whistle:

I get confused when I try to put the back wheel in with the bike the right way up :scratch:

Road bikes without aero brake levers (retro/vintage) can have the cables damaged by inverting the bike - That's why I don't do it. Also it means I don't have to take my computer off, so there is a practical reason to it. :smile:

After a few practices doing it this way it really is no harder than inverting the bike, although saying that I normally have a nice grass verge to rest the bike on.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
He didn't check what had p******d the tyre. Blooming amateur, 10 yards down the road it will be flat again.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Actually me too: I think the easiest way is to do it (put the back wheel in, that is!) is to lay the bike on the non drive side. :girl:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i5K-DXt9djA

Annoying video and admittedly, she has someone to hold the bike for her, but this shows how getting the wheel off and putting it back is cleaner and easier with the bike right way up! I couldnt care less about small scuffs on the bar tape, pedals etc and once the wheel is out I will lay the bike non-drive side down on the pavement, but I do like the efficiency of this method and the fact it helps to avoid grabbing hold of a shoot covered chain in the middle of winter!

I think this question misses the point a little. For this reason the replies may not convey the intended meaning.

For example, if I consider it proper to invert my bicycle prior to repairing a damaged or deflated tube, I may consider that within the context of this topic, the correct position for my bicycle whilst undergoing repair is an inverted position.

That being so, I might consider a bicycle resting on its forks and a single wheel to be upside-down for the purposes of the question.

Similarly, I might consider a bicycle resting on its saddle and handlebar to be the right way up. Of course, for the purpose of riding the thing, it would be upside-down, but as the terms of reference here are centred on the vehicle whilst under repair, there may be a case here for making a response with only that activity in mind.

The last thing I should want to do here is muddy the waters in an already-complex debate.

Not wishing to avoid the question myself, I ought to add that I generally address the matter of a deflated tyre by placing the bicycle on a lateral and vertical plane viv-a-vis the available local and immediate topography to allow me to remove and replace the wheels with the least effort whilst at all times obeying (rigorously) the Laws of Gravity and the Laws of the Land.

I think that's about as well as I can put it.

Thank you.

Top Bottom