Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Upside own every time

Votes: 64 67.4%
  • Upside down only if I can protect the hoods /grips

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Doesn't happen as I use slimes or equivalent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Upside down for me too, take the Garmin off the lights are hung under the bar anyway. At worst buy some new rubber hoods if any marks bothered me that much

compo

Veteran
Upside down for me. There is loads of clearance on the bars as the bar ends hold the bars well off the ground. I just slip my waterproof cover over the saddle to stop the leather scuffing if can't get the bike on grass.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Do people really worry about scuffing the saddle? the hoods I understand, but the saddle? what are yours made of that could be damaged?

(Genuinely curious, not looking to start a fight!)

compo

Veteran
Do people really worry about scuffing the saddle? the hoods I understand, but the saddle? what are yours made of that could be damaged?

It is the difference between worrying about something and trying to keep something looking good.

Some twit turned my Schwinn upside-down for no good reason, scratching the $600 handmade leather saddle. I was not amused. That was five years ago and it's still scratched.
I'm still not amused.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Yes I do worry about scuffing the saddle and I just don't want any muck on it either. Even though it's easy enough to wipe off. That's just the way I am :thumbsup:

And another time I sold a bike to someone with a white perforated Italian leather saddle. By the time he'd worked out that he couldn't afford to buy it and gave it back he'd parked the saddle upside down in a puddle. Ruined. He might have well have shat on it. Coz that's what it looked like.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Upside down, to those that damage the bar tape, saddle etc then they are just being ham fisted. I would add I don't care if this is the right way or the wrong way but it works for me :tongue:

Top Bottom