Changing jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just come out of my first job interview in 30 + years! Plus been told i,d hear from them this evening! It's nothing special minimum wage but a complete change for me which is long overdue
Here's keeping them crossed for you

Thomson

Just my 2p worth. I had a couple jobs then done my ten year job. I was staring to get annoyed off the more travelling and away from our first born. Last couple years I started moaning about it then I started looking and then interviewed and got first job, but not the place I wanted to get into. Half the distance closer to home tho.

Was there two years, making good money but sick off the hours. 44 a week. Then we were expecting our second and I kept trying to get into the place I wanted. I had my interview on my peternity leave. And then got the job into the place I wanted.

I am probably not doing a job “I love” and a change will happen one day. It will be within the same company. But for now it ticks a lot off boxes. Great hours,37a week, sold a car to cycle there 3 miles, great pension and a veried job role.

Feel lucky to be there but would like a job with a bit more money in the future. No rush as I am only 32 but feel this job has a real work life balence and that to my family is worth it’s weight in gold :-)

Just my 2p worth. I had a couple jobs then done my ten year job. I was staring to get annoyed off the more travelling and away from our first born. Last couple years I started moaning about it then I started looking and then interviewed and got first job, but not the place I wanted to get into. Half the distance closer to home tho.

Was there two years, making good money but sick off the hours. 44 a week. Then we were expecting our second and I kept trying to get into the place I wanted. I had my interview on my peternity leave. And then got the job into the place I wanted.

I am probably not doing a job “I love” and a change will happen one day. It will be within the same company. But for now it ticks a lot off boxes. Great hours,37a week, sold a car to cycle there 3 miles, great pension and a veried job role.

Feel lucky to be there but would like a job with a bit more money in the future. No rush as I am only 32 but feel this job has a real work life balence and that to my family is worth it’s weight in gold :-)

Don’t chase the money, work life balance, holidays, and sick policies are worth their weight in gold. I learnt the hard-way, you don’t know what you have lost until it has gone. Fortunately in my case I was able to return to my employer in a different capacity and have set up a progressive route to train and qualify over a period of time. I am a happy bunny now.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
TBH
Hate my job, the sector is facing a down turn and brexit troubles have already affected competitors and we have lost business from head office with the latest pay talks look like being postponed until they know what the trade tariffs are liable to be.
51 years old expected to keep up in a manual job where you can lift a couple of ton a day and keep up with guys more than half your age ( although half the time your catching back work because the young uns cant hack it and are to busy mucking about )
No room for promotion even though i have been accepted for the course to get ahead.
As the primary bread winner what can i do ?
Assuming i can get another what are my long term outlook with regards job security and pension ?.If i get made redundant we would quickly be in poop street .

D

Deleted member 26715

Just come out of my first job interview in 30 + years! Plus been told i,d hear from them this evening! It's nothing special minimum wage but a complete change for me which is long overdue
Well??????

Top Bottom